what to do about drunks
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

what to do about drunks

My son has had a couple of run in's with lance corprals being drunk and pushing there way into his room , the last one was last night ,the kid came in threating to kill my PFC came at him and my son grabbed him by the neck and threw him into the bath room , then he threw the drunk kid out of the room , who should he call , the MP's or the officer of the day , this happened last night he's at Lejeune , this is getting old and getting me p@#$@d and advice , I did tell him to find his Copral and follow the chain of comand on this

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You gave proper advice....

However he should get ahold of the Duty NCO or the Officer of the Day and have it logged in the duty log.

Also when something like this happens it is natural to defend oneself....but he needs to just get out of the room and report it to those duties who should determine either to subdue the drunk or call security..(MP's)

Marines don't do that type of behavior and the obnoxious drunks are trying to show thier azz.

I certainly would tell...because fighting them unless your life is in danger is only prolonging the problem and could also result to hazing.....and someone getting hurt or worse.

Tell him to keep his door locked.

Very tough situation no matter how it is handled. And you'll get all kinds of advice on which way to go with this.

If I were your son, I would confront the offenders when they are sober and lay down the law in no uncertain terms. He should mention that he does not wish to take it to superiors for NJP - - but if he is left with no other alternative, they will lose rank.

My reasoning for this approach is because men don't ask others to do what they can do for themselves. Maintaining respect is important.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'd go too the Company Gunny request from special services Two Pair of Boxing Gloves then take it outside in Front of the whole Company and git it on!!! And Sober that Drunk up 4 good. S/F

Credits
    Savings
    He found his CPL and he's taking care of it , this clown is a screw up and is not the first time he has been in trouble according to the other CPL that know him , the CPL is going to take it right up through the SGT' and the SSGT and so on up the line ,
    My PFC would love a pair of boxing gloves But would mess the other kid up bad , he's been doing martial arts since he was seven and knows how to fight thats why nobody in his platoon messes around with him , I feel he used very good judgment in not hurting this kid, this kid was from another platoon , I told him to make sure he locks his doors from know on ,
    This kid came into my sons room around midnight and threated to kill him ,what right did that clown have to do that?, I feel he did the right thing But you don't know if the kid had a weapon or not , it could have been a lot worse than it is , my son has no Patience for drunks

Quote Originally Posted by pfcdad View Post
    He found his CPL and he's taking care of it , this clown is a screw up and is not the first time he has been in trouble according to the other CPL that know him , the CPL is going to take it right up through the SGT' and the SSGT and so on up the line ,
    My PFC would love a pair of boxing gloves But would mess the other kid up bad , he's been doing martial arts since he was seven and knows how to fight thats why nobody in his platoon messes around with him , I feel he used very good judgment in not hurting this kid, this kid was from another platoon , I told him to make sure he locks his doors from know on ,
    This kid came into my sons room around midnight and threated to kill him ,what right did that clown have to do that?, I feel he did the right thing But you don't know if the kid had a weapon or not , it could have been a lot worse than it is , my son has no Patience for drunks
    He did the appropriate thing. Now adays must be on best behavior no matter what the situation.

Credits
    Savings
    I have noticed that SGT's and SSGT's know what is it to be a Marine , from what I'm told and here some Lance Coprals have a hard time with it , I worked in the construction trade my whole live and know s$%t heads when i see them and here about them , I would just take them out behind the building and educate them a little , my son does not want any trouble and does not give any one any s%&t does what he's told when he's told to do it with out question , and is well liked by the by his piers .
    I'll wait and see if it really is handled in house

In my opinion, let your son handle the situation at hand with his NCO's and SNCO's. I can understand as a parent that you want to help handle this for him, but if you get involved with his COC (Chain of Command), it might make the situation worse for him.
    To me, the best way to deal with drunks is to ignore them. I know that at times, that that's hard to do and that you can't always do that, but it's better than getting into trouble over them.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you all for your input I'm going to watch from the side lines and see how this plays out for him , hopefully the drunk will have a long talk with his first SGT and smarten up and fly right , this has made up my sons mind to never pick up a drink

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Maybe just Maybe if the Situation is handled right this Lance Coolie,will get the help He needs with His drinking Problem,before it's too Late.Even if He is a Fuc Up,Hes still a Marine!!!GodSpeed too both of them Your Son @ tha' L/Cpl. S/F

When I was at Pendleton many years ago, we had a Jewish Marine that this other Marine was constantly screwing with. This Marine was the typical bully and was always harrasing this Jewish Marine and one evening he came in drunk and took the guy's Star of David and smashed it to pieces.

Later the drunk passed out on his rack and the Jewish Marine got up and took his "E" Tool out of it carrier, went over to the drunks rack and smacked him in the face with it. Broke many bones in the drunks face and after he got out of the hospital he was quiet as a church mouse and never bothered the other Marine again.

The best way to resolve the situation is to notify the duty NCO and take it up the chain of command.

Even though waylaying a drunk can be mildly entertaining, a drunk usually only recalls a portion of humility and the session may have to be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by CH53MetalMan View Post
    I would confront the offenders when they are sober and lay down the law in no uncertain terms
    Yeah that sounds good especially when the offenders know a person is willing and able to pitch into them with the proper vigor.

--->Dave

This happens all the time when you are a fresh boot. The last thing you want to do as a parent is get involved, because someone will find out, and he will hate life even more.

Most Marines (and certainly infantry ones) know about this/do this, and the general consensus is, "this happened to me, and it was worse, so he should suck it up." In no way am I condoning it, but this is common place and often much worse in nature.

Thread Information