IF I were to be dropped from Sniper School... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannaberekeke View Post
    I am extremely fit, I do the insanity workouts, have been for a few months. So im fit physically. Although I do have diagnosed depression. Though minor, I'm sure I'll still need a waiver. But I hear those are uncommon these days, Will this DQ me? Or is that only if you take medication for it? I haven't taken it in over a year.

Mood Disorders
    Current mood disorders including, but not limited to, major depression (296.2–3), bipolar (296.4–7), affective psychoses (296.8–9), depressive not otherwise specified (311), are disqualifying.
    History of mood disorders requiring outpatient care for longer than 6 months by a physician or other mental health professional (V65.40), or inpatient treatment in a hospital or residential facility is disqualifying.
    History of symptoms consistent with a mood disorder of a repeated nature that impairs school, social, or work efficiency is disqualifying.
    Current or history of adjustment disorders (309) within the previous 3 months is disqualifying.

Behavioral Disorders
    Current or history of conduct (312), or behavior (313) disorders is disqualifying. Recurrent encounters with law enforcement agencies, antisocial attitudes or behaviors are tangible evidence of impaired capacity to adapt to military service and as such are disqualifying.
    Current or history of personality disorder (301) is disqualifying. History (demonstrated by repeated inability to maintain reasonable adjustment in school, with employers or fellow workers, or other social groups), interview, or psychological testing revealing that the degree of immaturity, instability, personality inadequacy, impulsiveness, or dependency will likely interfere with adjustment in the Armed Forces is disqualifying.
    Current or history of other behavior disorders is disqualifying, including, but not limited to conditions such as the following:
    (1) Enuresis (307.6) or encopresis (307.7) after 13th birthday is disqualifying.
    (2) Sleepwalking (307.4) after 13th birthday is disqualifying.
    (3) Eating disorders (307.5), anorexia nervosa (307.1), bulimia (307.51), or unspecified disorders of eating (307.59) lasting longer than 3 months and occurring after 13th birthday are disqualifying.
    Any current receptive or expressive language disorder, including, but not limited to any speech impediment, stammering and stuttering (307.0) of such a degree as to significantly interfere with production of speech or to repeat commands, is disqualifying.

History of suicidal behavior, including gesture(s) or attempt (s) (300.9) , or history of self-mutilation, is disqualifying.
    Current or history of anxiety disorders (anxiety (300.01) or panic (300.2)), agoraphobia (300.21), social phobia (300.23), simple phobias (300.29), obsessive-compulsive (300.3), other acute reactions to stress (308), and posttraumatic stress disorder (309.81) are disqualifying.
    Current or history of dissociative disorders, including, but not limited to hysteria (300.1), depersonalization (300.6), and other (300.8), are disqualifying.

Current or history of somatoform disorders, including, but not limited to hypochondriasis (300.7) or chronic pain disorder, are disqualifying.
    Current or history of psychosexual conditions (302), including, but not limited to transsexualism, exhibitionism, transvestism, voyeurism, and other paraphilias, are disqualifying.

Current or history of alcohol dependence (303), drug dependence (304), alcohol abuse (305), or other drug abuse (305.2 thru 305.9) is disqualifying.

Current or history of other mental disorders (all 290–319 not listed above) that in the opinion of the civilian or military provider will interfere with, or prevent satisfactory performance of military duty, are disqualifying.

So, basically. I'm screwed?

How long have you been being treated for depression and are you taking meds for it?

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    How long have you been being treated for depression and are you taking meds for it?

Diagnosed at 10. took meds for awhile, been off them for over a year.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannaberekeke View Post
    So, basically. I'm screwed?
    I'm sorry you suffer.
    Good Health to You Always.

It's a DQ for sure....

I was just curious.
    Good luck to you!

Well thanks for all the help, Marines.

Looks like I might just have to dumb myself down to the Navy

im sure there will be plenty who have issues with the forthcoming statement, but:
    im not going to say lie. all im going to say is that i know many a Marines who were in similar circumstances & just "withheld info" of this nature so they can serve. & guess what? some turned out great Marines. Others were turds.
    i know a lot of people say lying to get into the service is an integrity violation, & those that lie are not worthy of the Title. In many ways this is true. In some ways it is not.
    For example, i also know that a lot of Marines lied to get into the Corps during WWII (including CMOH recipient Jacklyn H. Lucas), & i doubt anyone is going to say he lacked integrity of character.
    so is it wrong to lie to get i? thats up to u, & how bad u want it.
    & yes, if u are caught, u will be in a world of shyt.
    just my $.02

Just don't tell them dude. They wont ever find out about it. You know how hard it is to get a hold of Medical records? They wont go through the hassle unless they have a reason to.

Yea, because I want a depressed Marine sniper watching my back when people are shooting at me...

Depression is a very serious illness and shouldn't be taken lightly, and most of all, shouldn't be lied about in order to get into the Marine Corps. We shouldn't be encouraging someone to "lie" by "withholding" info about themself to a recruiter and the doctors at MEPS, especially someone who's been diagnosed with depression.
    What happened many, many years ago has nothing to do with those wanting to get into the Marine Corps these days. Different time, different era.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't tell the Kid to Lie!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't tell the Kid to withhold info!!!!!
    You just Pizzed me off!!!!!!!

Once a Liar. Always a Liar.
    Once a Cheat, Always a Cheat.

He's Suffers from Depression, don't put these ideas in his Head!!!

YOUR MARINES!!!

Stand Down with this SH*T..............Remember "Semper Fi"???

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    This azzhole smitty is some piece of work now, he's trying to give some poor kid advice to fraudulently enlist. Enough messing around, if anyone knows who this Marine is please PM me with his name and unit!

Don't worry about me lying, thats something I'm NOT going to do. I already told my recruiter that I have depression, and he didn't say anything about it (The only reason I'm not in the DEP yet is because I'm waiting to transfer schools), Just gotta hope for the best I guess, could be waivered, might not. But Just gotta move on with life if it doesn't.

Again, thanks to all you Marines

haha calm down guys. That wasn't me writing that ****. I got offline to head to the store a couple hours ago and left a former Marine by himself at my house. Glad to see where that got me.

Thread Information