Just curious - boot camp in the winter (PI)... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Always hated the term "fun" run....Kindof like the Mandatory "fun" outings we had to do with the platoon, aka...."MAN-FUN". LOL.

Worried about winter in sunny South Carolina vacationing in beautiful Beaufort by the sea. Damn I've been so cold this winter i could be talked into doing a weekend at P.I. right about now. LOL maybe the last weekend,longer if you need a sandbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Something like that. I damned sure am now.
    We sure don't get any younger.

Maybe not younger.... But definitely older & more devious

Winter of 73 at Parris Island......14 inches of snow and the state was closed down for 3 days.

When I graduated from MCRD San Diego, we didn't do the moto run because Camp Pendelton was on fire and all the ash and smoke came in our direction. Still had graduation outside though.

The MotoRun truely is motivational. Its the first time your family will see you and you know the end is near. You'd be happy to be running circles around the north pole, believe me, you won't notice a little Marine Corps Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    The MotoRun truely is motivational. Its the first time your family will see you and you know the end is near. You'd be happy to be running circles around the north pole, believe me, you won't notice a little Marine Corps Sunshine.
    LOL yeah, I remember the 5 mile moto run around SD, we were so amped up that we were running with happy faces. 2 guys fainted when we went from running to parade rest in front of the Parents and friends.

MCT in the winter was another story...I loved the low crawl through 2 feet of water/mud with sharp jagged ice sheets.

arrived at PI the evening of December 15, 1977. graduated boot camp on my 21st birthday. it was not that uncomfortable. I do remember extremely high humidity, a lot of fog and rain. glad I was not there for boot in the summer. I was there for school 30 days after boot camp leave. man it was hotter than hot.

I would like to find my sdi her name was j. clark. she was in the mc band and woke us up on grad day playing revelie(sp.?) on her bugle. it was great.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Five year old thread

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Five year old thread
    ^this^

admin here needs to get on the ball and delete these. Or at least make them searchable but not be able to reply in them any longer.

oh I did not look at the dates. let me know if I screw up again will you sgtmaj.? btw what's a thread?

Last edited by c george; 01-08-15 at 04:22 PM. Reason: had another question

Thread Information