Letters during Recruit Training
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Letters during Recruit Training

I tried searching for the answer to this question but was unsuccessful, so, I have a quick question! My best friend shipped today, about how long will it take her to get my letters after I send them? I know I won't be able to get her address for about a week once she's there. Thanks, Marines.

Mine was a few weeks...expect 2-4 if you're sending them now. If you mean normally throughout training, expect 1-2 weeks.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Depends where your sending them To and From....

I spent time in all three battalions. When did she ship out, I can give you the address.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg View Post
    I spent time in all three battalions. When did she ship out, I can give you the address.
    OK, you're a female. How did you spend time in all 3 BN's when 4th BN is the ONLY female BN there is? Mind being a bit more spacific on which BN's you did time in?

HA! I meant to type "all 3 companies in 4th battalion". I was in N, O and P Co.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    OK, you're a female. How did you spend time in all 3 BN's when 4th BN is the ONLY female BN there is? Mind being a bit more spacific on which BN's you did time in?
    Oh shoot that was funny,lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg View Post
    HA! I meant to type "all 3 companies in 4th battalion". I was in N, O and P Co.
    OK...that's better.

I typed it out, but I think it accidently got highlighted and deleted.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Maybe we have an explanation as to why Underdawg is driving a Mercedes as a PFC.

She shipped today, the recruiter just said it'll take awhile because it has to pass through so many hands. It'll be going from New York, about an hour from Albany, to Parris Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Maybe we have an explanation as to why Underdawg is driving a Mercedes as a PFC.
    Nah Sgt, its just a Saturn. lol

Looks like shes taking my place in lower deck Papa! If shes has SDI GySgt Rains, shes lucky!

P Co's address is:

RCT Last, First Name
    P. Co, 4th RBTN
    Parris Island, SC. 29905-6445

If you dont have her platoon, the mail will still get to her. I worked int he mail room during team week...the Marines there will look it up, and she would still get your mail.

Mail arrives a lot quicker later on in training but in 2nd and 3rd phase it was about 4 days between when someone sent me a letter that I'd receive it. I don't think they handed out mail until week two anyway, because their wasn't enough to pass out.

Credits
    Savings
    Make sure to decorate the outside of the envelope and spray cologne all over it, the Drill Instructors love artwork and manly smells.

Thread Information