2311 Mos
Create Post

Thread: 2311 Mos

2311 Mos

Marines, my other posts have been coming up mia for some reason, does anyone on here have this mos?

Job Description: Ammunition technicians work in every facet of the ammunition field, including receipt, storage, issue, and handling of ammunition and toxic chemicals.

I understand that, but if one was deployed how do they carry out there job in field?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why do you want to Know, you're not even a Poolee yet and have an incomplete profile???

The possibility could be because you don't have a complete profile like it states you should in the site rules, which you can find in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    Oh, and when a thread gets deleted, it's deleted for a reason, and you should start another one.
    Forum Rules and Etiquette
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/vi...forumrules.htm

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Oh, and when a thread gets deleted, it's deleted for a reason, and you should(n't) start another one.
    Forum Rules and Etiquette
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/vi...forumrules.htm

Do actually need to fill out the quote and movie stuff?

and I thought it may have been delete like the rest of those for being in the wrong spot. sorry.

No, you don't...and you're profile is fine now.
    If you want to know why your threads have been deleted, PM one of the mods...thedrifter or jinelson...and ask one of them why.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Dont..Just Dont

Listen to me, Do as I say...

Go see your recruiter and say:

"I refuse to join the Corps as a 2311, if you can't get me something else then I'm going next door"

you do not WANT this MOS!!! I've been a 2311 for 3 years...

I would like to say much more, but I'm afriad I can't.. the monitors of this site would not approve..

This MOS makes me .. I'm in the process of Lat moving.. don't make the same mistake I did..

awesome. way to demotivate.

I am a 2311 Ammo tech with a using unit (artillery) and i LOVE this job. I wouldnt give it up for anything else. except maybe recon or snipes. but other than that no way. if u still have questions reply to this post n ill answer em.

To each his own. All MOS's are vital to the mission of the Corps.

Ayyy Der Wannabe!

Whys In Da Fvck You Ain't Got Your Profile Filled Out Devil???

The Bc Knows

I Know

Fvcking Chesty Knows That Incomplete Profiles Get Marines Killed!

Why Don't You 'bout Face And Gets Da Fvck Outta My Face Most Ricky Tick And Fill That Out!

I'm currently in MOS school for 2311. It seems pretty fun so far from what I've learned. It also seems like a NO BULLSHlT responsibility though. Ammo Techs are in charge of tens of thousands possibly millions of ammunition and if even ONE is missing, then your ass is screwed. I've never heard a single bad thing about 2311 come out of any Ammo Tech's mouth to be honest.. The only thing I see bad about it is that you have to train for the MOS on a garbage Army base with a bunch of fat nasties walking around with ice cream in their hand (no lie) .

I don't know much about Unit Ammo techs (in the field), but I hear they do a **** ton of work out there. You'd be assigned to a unit and YOU will be their ammo tech. I got this MOS through B6 Ground Option (similar to Open Contract) and I'm pretty happy with it...

Try to get the facts though, not opinions..everyone has different opinions on things and take things different.

Ok here's the down low on Ammo Techs.

For the job itself, depending on which unit you get sent to you'll either be a FIELD Ammo Tech or one who works in the ASP. (My opinion may be a bit biased due to a being field tech for an arty battery).

To further delineate the two, field ammo tech's can be assigned to grunts, artillery or any other company. Field 2311's will usually have the opportunity to do a lot of cross training and receive more hands on training with the weapons they supply ammo to. Field ammo techs generally work longer, harder hours and are given more responsibility. However on garrison, we don't do ****. Generally speaking, your job is to pick up rounds at the ASP, do accountability, deliver and stage, do accountability again, etc etc. Expend all ammo!

Ammo Tech's working at the Ammunition Supply Point (ASP) are usually the one's who hate being 2311's. ASP tech's work all day in a pit pulling and counting ammo to be loaded onto trucks via forklift. ASP 2311's don't have to do as much strenuous labor but are subject to extreme boredom due to strict rules which prohibit all electronic devices in the ASP.

Either way you go, being an Ammo Tech is one of the least known and most unappreciated jobs in the Marine Corps. Just do your job with pride.

As for the school itself:

Ammo school is approx. a month long in Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL. Yes, it is an Army base and Marines are greatly outnumbered but frankly, I enjoyed my time in the south. Redstone was a great place, you live in the barracks and enjoy off base libo every weekend. There is a bar and bowling alley on base as well as two gyms. PT was simple and consisted of morning cadence runs followed by awesome Army chow. Class was geared towards working in an ASP (Marines going to using units just get caught up via OJT). While there you get to play with blasting caps and blow up some dirt and possibly hit the forklift course.

Just remember being a 2311 leaves you with a ton of responsibility as your job is basically supply, but for ammo which requires accountability.

Hope this helps any future Ammo Techs as there isn't much information floating around on the net.

Anyone out there that was a Ammo Tech stationed in Chu Lai 1969-1970? I was the NCOIC of the ASP for the 12 hour night shift. I remember the rocket attack about 15 May 1970, not a lot of damage, but the barrels of toxic chemicals was messy.

Thread Information