7 second phone call
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

7 second phone call

It's been 25+ years since I went to Boot, My son (Paul) left a few days ago. We got the 7 second call from him. I forgot all about that call.
    I thought it was soooooo funny.
    He stutterd halfway thru the "Statement", and you could hear the D.I.'s yelling at him for it.
    I laughed so hard I was crying.
    Oh the times he's in for.
    No matter how many stories I told him, and tried to prepare him, there is nothing like going thru it yourself.

Hahaha, he has no idea. I remember that phone call lol "I'm here and im safe love you bye" LOL

Quote "Thissss is RECRUIT Laudenslager, Don't send breakables or parishable, I have arrived, ahhhhhhhhh, (Yelling the background, sounded like D.I. was on the line yelling). pause, I'm alive, I'm fine, letter will be recieved in 7 days." CLICK

My wife look concerned, I doubled over laughing.
    The tears were from the thought that I will NEVER see my baby boy again. Next time it will be as a FELLOW MARINE.........

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In '69, there was no phonecalls. Your post made me laugh. Let the crap begin. Your boy will br fine staff,,,,,,,,, Congrats,,,,,,,,,,,

Yea,,,, You no longer have a baby boy,,,,,,,, Semper Fi,,,

My husband picked up the phone ... he listened ... seemed in shock for a moment and then just laughed and laughed. I stood there wondering what is so funny ... once he told me about the D.I. yelling at him in the background .... I was doubled over too.

March 10th will be 2 years since my son walked out the door for bootcamp...he's got 3 more active years..... so, Tracylaud ... I enjoyed your post ... it gave me a laugh and a pleasant memory. The very best to your son!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracylaud83 View Post
    It's been 25+ years since I went to Boot, My son (Paul) left a few days ago. We got the 7 second call from him. I forgot all about that call.
    I thought it was soooooo funny.
    He stutterd halfway thru the "Statement", and you could hear the D.I.'s yelling at him for it.
    I laughed so hard I was crying.
    Oh the times he's in for.
    No matter how many stories I told him, and tried to prepare him, there is nothing like going thru it yourself.
    That's a good one, Never Forget.

No phone calls when I went through in 1981 either. I think they made us write a letter as soon as we got there though. Too bad you couldn't have recorded that for later posterity. The thing about boot camp is that after about two weeks, you start to realize that you'll probably live through it, lol!!

No phone calls back in 68.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had calls in 1971 - collect only.

Credits
    Savings
    My mom remembers the phone call. I don't.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Phone Calls???
    We didn't in 1977 Parris Island.

My mom called me at boot camp because she hadn't heard from me!!! Guess she must have given someone holy hell since my DI made me call home. So while on the phone with mom, my DI kept yelling at me and I actually shushed her!!! Oh holy hell! I never did so many mountain climbers in my life! Got a nice, high tight butt though.

If mama ain't happy.....ain't nobody gonna be happy! I told my mom and everybody I'd probably see them in 3 months. When I finally told my mother that I had joined the Marine Corps (the day before I shipped), she was not a happy camper. I spent a total of 12 days in DEP, lol. She was so ****ed, she wouldn't even take me to the recruiter's office to catch the bus to PI. So I drove my own car there, left it in the parking lot, handed the recruiter my keys and my uncle later picked it up. I regret now that I worried her so much. She passed away, almost to the day, one year before I retired. That's the only regret that I have about joining the Marine Corps. She didn't live to see me retire and stop worrying about me.

I know we had a phone call too....dammed if I remember what I said though.....

We had a phone call, but I couldn't get ahold of my parents, my recruiter... anybody. Since my DI told me I HAD to get someone, I eventually got my grandma... who had no idea any sort of phone call was coming. Parents told me later she was confused as hell, haha.

Thread Information