Marines life...
Create Post

Thread: Marines life...

Marines life...

Alright, sorry about the other post in the wrong section. Here's a simple question I have.

What is a typical day in the life of a female marine?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't bend over.

When using the word Marine, it will be capitaized at all times.

A typical day.......get up, shower, get dressed, go to chow hall for breakfast, go to shop (work), go to chow hall for lunch, go back to shop, go to chow hall again.
    Really, I don't mean to come across as a smart a$$.... a lot may depend on where you're stationed at, your command and what your MOS is. You may be done at a decent time at the end of the day, and then you might not.
    Take it one step at a time, and if you're old enough to make an appointment with a recruiter, take that step first. There's a process to go through first long before you even get out into the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    When using the word Marine, it will be capitaized at all times.

A typical day.......get up, shower, get dressed, go to chow hall for breakfast, go to shop (work), go to chow hall for lunch, go back to shop, go to chow hall again.
    Really, I don't mean to come across as a smart a$$.... a lot may depend on where you're stationed at, your command and what your MOS is. You may be done at a decent time at the end of the day, and then you might not.
    Take it one step at a time, and if you're old enough to make an appointment with a recruiter, take that step first. There's a process to go through first long before you even get out into the fleet.
    Don't forget about the PT, Semper Fidelis.

SwimSwim, while I cannot answer your question, I can tell you the Corps is better then 2 of theses responses. I apologize from the USMC on my arm. Please do not judge all Marines by these people....

Last edited by thedrifter; 02-20-10 at 05:03 AM.

your a piece of ****... are u that big of o loser?? the kids in high school......

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Don't bend over.

Most typically wait in a very long line for their chance to go on a date with me.

Can we keep the juvenile jackassery in a forum to which it belongs, please? It's getting old.

To answer the question, WM has a valid point, but perhaps I can expound somewhat.

Whatever your job is, you'll basically be doing that (after graduation from Recruit Training, MCT, and MOS school). Day to day is sort of a '730-1630' type of thing, with some exceptions for PT, field day, and the like. When deployed, the hours will be longer but the job will be essentially the same.

Bottom line is, you'll be a Marine, and expected to act accordingly, no matter your MOS, be it Admin, Aircrew, Bulk Fuel or Ammo Tech. Each job is different and the working hours are different. Some, more than others.

Credits
    Savings
    I believe that it is neccisary in todays Marine Corps not to think of yourself as a female Marine. honestly...it doesnt matter, at all or in the least. You all wear the same uniform as me...why would your day be different. Sorry if this comes off as inconsiderate, and this may be due to some built up tension in the Infantry. I have never served with a female up until i joined MCESG, but listen, the Corps is the Corps, dont expect any special treatment from anyone, cause you wont get it.

I'm not expecting any special treatment from anyone. That's not what I want and I like the "A Marine is a Marine", and seeing as I am almost 18, I am old enough to talk to a recruiter. Also, since I'm willing to commit 8 years of my life if I graduate from Recruit Training, MCT and MOS school, I find it useful to ask questions and view it from all different perspectives, instead of just jumping in and drowning. I believe I worded the question wrong as it is. And, DaddyMac I'm not going to judging the Corps by a few sorry-ass, arrogant losers. No offence to you all of you Marines, but if you bite, expect one back, besides, you were once a civi wanting to enlist, so bear with a pup, will you?

As a female, you will be held to the same high standards as the male Marines (if not higher). Your job is no different; you will be expected to accomplish the same amount of work in the same amount of time. If you act like a weak female, you will be treated like a weak female. If you act like a Marine, you will be treated like a Marine.

I'm an active duty female Marine, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Probably shouldn't refer to anyone who has and does defend your freedom at the expense of their own well being as sorry ass losers.

Expect some long nights. Last Thursday I was up till 330 cleaning my room & woke up at 430 for a bravo inspection then back to work. Try to stay motivated even if you have to deal with a never ending amount of bull****.

SwimSwim....be careful on who you call "sorry a$$ arrogant losers". Yes, I was once a civi before I became a Marine, but not once before I became a Marine, did I ever call a former Marine any kind of names.
    Whether you think so or not, the Marines are here to help give you advice on anything we can.

I, for one, don't appreciate being called a sorry a$$ arrogant loser, nor do I appreciate you refering to any Marine who posts in this thread or anywhere on this site, being called a sorry a$$ arrogant loser, whether you like what's being posted or not.
    You should familiarize yourself with the rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. Remember, this is a Marine Corps site and all wannabes and poolees are just guests here and should respect each Marine that gives advice, whether you like it or not.

You're old enough now to go and talk with a recruiter. That should be your first step. It's nice to want to know how Marine Corps life is, but take it one step at a time.

Best of luck to you.

Thread Information