DEP ID Card
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEP ID Card

DEP ID Card

Some people got them and some people didn't get them. What can you do with the card anyways and how can I get one?
    Thanks if you have answers

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MJAvalon View Post
    Some people got them and some people didn't get them. What can you do with the card anyways and how can I get one?
    Never heard of such a thing. All I had was a letter from my recruiter that I could show the police in lieu of a draft card.

My buddy went down to the local AFB, got them to print him a no bs Marine Corps ID sans smart chip and could use it to get on base to PT and stuff. Of course this was a couple years ago when we were poolees. We all got those core values cards, and what not.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MJAvalon View Post
    HA! and what will you do with it? try and get out of a speeding ticket? i wouldnt worry, you have a little bit to go, then you will get a real ID card.

Credits
    Savings
    i was in DEP for 6 months and have never heard of something like that. it would have been nice tho.

Your DEP id card comes in the form of a gay little t-shirt they give you with your welcome aboard package.

Hell all I got was a Marine Corps sticker and the fitness booklet. Oh, and a big warm welcome to Parris Island when I got there. I loved those hugs from the DI's, they made me feel better about leaving home.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Hell all I got was a Marine Corps sticker and the fitness booklet. Oh, and a big warm welcome to Parris Island when I got there. I loved those hugs from the DI's, they made me feel better about leaving home.
    you got that warm and fuzzy feeling all over to huh?

I got one of those DEP cards after my first trip to MEPS, it doesn't serve any purpose but to make poolees feel all special

I wonder if it's to make them feel like they've accomplished something, or is it the Marine Corps showing them they care about them? Because I know for sure both of those are fine until you get to PI. LOL

They are out there. Might be up to the individual recruiting district, but I've seen them. They grant access to military bases (remember, some kids don't have any other form of ID card). Not sure if they grant PX/Commissary/etc privledges or not.

Got this from Poolee Yonkers....posted for 'knowlege and edification'.

"the DEP card says on the front:

Core values
    honor courage commitment

As a member of the delayed entry program (dep)

I will always maintain my honor to my fellow recruits, my Marines and my country.
    I will never betray the honor that has been bestowed upon me by our legacy.

I will give my best, honest effort to do what is right.
    I will never subject myself to any wrongful act that may bring discredit to myself or the Marine Corps.

I will remain committed to the moral, mental and physical standards of which i was qualified for enlistment.
    I will keep my recruiter informed of my whereabouts and any circumstances that may hinder my progress while in the DEP.

and on the back it says:

This is to certify that

(your name)

has passed all the preliminary requirements for becoming a United States Marine and, after completion of recruit training, will own the proud title United States Marine.

(Recruiters name) (Date)

on the front it has a pic of the american flag in the background.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Getting DEP cards,"T" shirts,pens,key chains,neck lanyards,bumper stickers,posters and all the other trinkets that the Marine RSS has at their disposal are subject to availability.....

They may have gave them all away and are awaiting another shipment....

I usually go every so often to a recruiters office and talk and get a poster and the gold embossed emblem for my truck.....again subject to availability and poolees have priority.

So I would venture to say that the DEP card is the same.....although no benifit...but a USMC token to read and instill the values that you should follow.

As Sgt.Leprechaun said....they had them in Jacksonville,NC....but not here in Florida....in NC it allowed poolees to use the gym at certain times.

Man that is by far the gayest thing i have ever heard in my entire life. A dam DEP card? congratulations you signed a mother-****ing contract. By the way all i got was a crappy little T-shirt i had to wear to MEPs

Hey kid what would be the point of having the card. I didn't have one and I was still stoked about being a poolee. Focus on getting ready for boot camp not a stupid little card. If it really is that important to you make one. It's called photoshop.

Thread Information