I have worked with young folks in my capacity with my fire department and coaching kids sports for a while. There was a time when I wouldn't have given you a plug nickel for most of them. I saw them as soft, irresponsible, disrespectful and self-serving. Every now and then, you would run into the rare youth whose parents did their jobs. Well, I'm here to tell you that my opinion has changed. Granted, there are still plenty of them residing in that Utopic, what about me land but look at what some of the young people have accomplished starting with the first Gulf War through now. I've read about and witnessed some remarkable things and have seen first hand how those who elected to serve have become young adults. Some come to mind such as Sgt Ryan Lane, KIA 23 July 2009 in Afghanistan who I knew personally and others. It has settled my heart to see that all is not lost with today's youth and that there is hope for the future. God Bless them all and help them stay the course. Semper Fi, Ryan, you were a good man and a great leader of men.