Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yea i posted this before you told me that

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by cadet78 View Post
    Get NROTC scholarship or go "College Program",
    then try and become the best 03XX Marine Officer I can be.
    I don't know how long I will be in,
    The way I want to judge my service length is by how good of an officer I am. If I am a poor officer while in the Corps I will do my best to get out ASAP. If I find that I am leading well then I guess I will stay in a while.

However, I will never really know how long until I am actually in with a commission and a few years in the fleet under my belt.

By the way I have been a wannabe for about five years know.

-C
    to add on to my last post if anyone has any good NROTC interview tips PLEASE let me know.
    Thanks,
    -C

Quote Originally Posted by cadet78 View Post
    Get NROTC scholarship or go "College Program",
    then try and become the best 03XX Marine Officer I can be.
    I don't know how long I will be in,
    The way I want to judge my service length is by how good of an officer I am. If I am a poor officer while in the Corps I will do my best to get out ASAP. If I find that I am leading well then I guess I will stay in a while.

However, I will never really know how long until I am actually in with a commission and a few years in the fleet under my belt.

By the way I have been a wannabe for about five years know.

-C
    In case you didn't know you don't get to pick your MOS as an officer, you get a wish list while in TBS, which is the school you go to right after OCS. Depending on how well you do against your peers determines if you get what you want or not. Also officers can give up their commission at any time they want.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Socal2361 View Post
    In case you didn't know you don't get to pick your MOS as an officer, you get a wish list while in TBS, which is the school you go to right after OCS. Depending on how well you do against your peers determines if you get what you want or not. Also officers can give up their commission at any time they want.

I understand that, I just want infantry. It is at the top of my list.

My plan is to enlist here at the end of march, go to boot camp in october, and be on active duty for about 4 years, then when thats all done go to college to become a general surgeon!

Well, after these last three months of High School, I plan on going to a local community college for 2 years to earn my Associates in Criminal Justice.

I'll be 18 in December, so I want to discuss the training options whilst in College whether I can go to Boot Camp and SOI during the summers, or if that is only an option for Reservists.

Anyways, once I do sign up, i'm hoping for a Uniform Zulu (UZ) contract which will guarantee a spot to try out for Recon. If I make it, then woohoo I can join the CIA and become part of the Special Activities Division. If not, then no big deal, i'll be an 03 Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurmi View Post
    Well, after these last three months of High School, I plan on going to a local community college for 2 years to earn my Associates in Criminal Justice.

I'll be 18 in December, so I want to discuss the training options whilst in College whether I can go to Boot Camp and SOI during the summers, or if that is only an option for Reservists.

Anyways, once I do sign up, i'm hoping for a Uniform Zulu (UZ) contract which will guarantee a spot to try out for Recon. If I make it, then woohoo I can join the CIA and become part of the Special Activities Division. If not, then no big deal, i'll be an 03 Marine.
    I hope your parents aren't forcing you to go to school.My moms trying to get me to go into the 2 yr college deal.A friend of mine who is a recruiter says parents do that to try and stall you from joining and get you caught up in school.I'm 18 and my only setback is my weight,and I don't have the balls to remind her(I told her 2 summers ago)

Just hope this is your decision bro

Go on my two year LDS full time mission, PT and Study for ASVAB. Enlist right after mission or Get an associates degree, join reserves, finish Bachelors. 0311/0313/0321/1833

PFT
    Pull ups 15
    Crunches 50?
    1.5 Mile 13:00ish

pre-ASVAB 45

Musician. I'm already guaranteed a spot in the First Marine Division Band at Camp Pendleton for early 2011, after I finish the School of Music. Can't wait!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Already got a Bach. degree in Residential Construction Masonry Management. Enlisted last June and I'm set for 1300 or 3500(vehicle repair). I'm thinking on going career but we'll see how I like it before I make that decision. If I do then I'll go officer and see what happens

Graduate PI -> aircraft mechanic -> flight crew chief -> make career somehow

Graduate High School in June 3'rd 2010.
    Go to bootcamp (parris island) June 14'th 2010.
    Graduate Bootcamp September 10'th 2010
    After MOS School (0431), try and attend college on offduty
    Or online courses for Criminial Justice.
    I heard it is a long shot for me to get a Bachelor's Degree while on active duty, (for 4 years), so i lowered my dream, and im going to try and have an Associate's Degree for when I discharge in June 2014
    At that current age of 22, I will use my "Montgomery G.I. Bill" for the extra 2 years of school, to complete and get my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice.
    Then I would like to be a special agent in the F.B.I
    At the prime age of 24, and also try and start a family.
    *Hopefully this all works well*

Quote Originally Posted by Cruz92 View Post
    Graduate High School in June 3'rd 2010.
    Go to bootcamp (parris island) June 14'th 2010.
    Graduate Bootcamp September 10'th 2010
    After MOS School (0431), try and attend college on offduty
    Or online courses for Criminial Justice.
    I heard it is a long shot for me to get a Bachelor's Degree while on active duty, (for 4 years), so i lowered my dream, and im going to try and have an Associate's Degree for when I discharge in June 2014
    At that current age of 22, I will use my "Montgomery G.I. Bill" for the extra 2 years of school, to complete and get my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice.
    Then I would like to be a special agent in the F.B.I
    At the prime age of 24, and also try and start a family.
    *Hopefully this all works well*

I talked to an Army Colonel today for a few hours. He said that the guys he knew/knows took 15 years to get their Assosiates Degree. I was determined to be enlisted and go to college, but after our conversation I've decided to go to school and do the ROTC or PLC program. Also, instead of infantry/recon I'm leaning more toward EOD and POG jobs. Every Marine's a Rifleman, so why not be a trained killer, and also be trained in other things as well?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i will be going in 6 months to boot camp and after my 8 year contract of 6 active and 2 reserve is up i will hopefully re-enlist and try and get that full 20 years. That is if i make it out alright which i have no fears of because im sure i will be AOK

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Redding View Post
    i will be going in 6 months to boot camp and after my 8 year contract of 6 active and 2 reserve is up i will hopefully re-enlist and try and get that full 20 years. That is if i make it out alright which i have no fears of because im sure i will be AOK
    You have a contract of 6 years Active and 2 years in the IRR. You dont have to wait to reenlist. I dont know how long it will be for you to reenlist but you do not have to wait until your IRR is up to do it, you can do it while your still active.

This isn't ment to offend anyone, but why do so many people want to become a super secret James Bond guy in the FBI. Cruz's post brought it to mind, and its not just him, its many people who always want to try and become one. I dont know if it really is your dream or if its because of James Bond but I can tell you this right now, its not. I dont know if it's just me or what.. Carry on fellow Poolee's

Thread Information