A Challenge to all poolees
Create Post

Smile A Challenge to all poolees

Warning: I had an idea

I've been thinking of a way to help keep everyone motivated and i decided we should start a Workout of the day. If enough pooleees are interested in challenging themselves we can open a thread and post a new exercise everday.
    A daily contest of sorts, something that can be completed outside of your regular workout for either reps or time that could be posted in the thread so we could all see where we are at.
    To keep it interesting i could take PM's of supposed workouts for the daily challenge each day. Im fully ready to keep up with this endeavor if enough poolees our interested.

Could be interesting... but will it be a single exercise challenge, or a crossfit-style workout of the day? Or both? I can see this turning into "how much can I bench press" which is not motivating at all to someone who doesn't bench (me). But I think it can definitely be really challenging and fun.
    I'm up for new & exciting in the gym. I'm running out of ideas and with about a month til I ship that's bad timing.

I was thinking crossfit style but strictly bodyweight exercises and around 15 min in avg duration so that people can do it with there regular workout.

Great idea, but I can't do it. I'm currently in an advanced PE class at my school. It kills me! By the time I get home I'm dead tired and I don't feel like doing anything. Good luck with this, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mledford View Post
    Great idea, but I can't do it. I'm currently in an advanced PE class at my school. It kills me! By the time I get home I'm dead tired and I don't feel like doing anything. Good luck with this, though!
    What do you do in this advanced PE class?

Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by ds11 View Post
    What do you do in this advanced PE class?
    On Mondays we do 45 minutes of Plyometrics with Strength shoes, then we lift for another 45 Minutes and do some calisthenics at the end.

On Tuesdays we lift for the whole class with calisthenics throughout and at the end.

Wednesday is the same as Monday.

Thursday is the same as Tuesday.

Friday we do a strange plyometrics workout for 45 Minutes, then we go lift for the rest of the class with calisthenics at the end. I'm not really sure what the plyometrics workout is called, but it's inside our gym. We set up cones in different orders and do plyometrics around them.

It's definitely getting me in better shape! I've gained about 10 lbs of muscle since I began the class 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mledford View Post
    On Mondays we do 45 minutes of Plyometrics with Strength shoes, then we lift for another 45 Minutes and do some calisthenics at the end.

On Tuesdays we lift for the whole class with calisthenics throughout and at the end.

Wednesday is the same as Monday.

Thursday is the same as Tuesday.

Friday we do a strange plyometrics workout for 45 Minutes, then we go lift for the rest of the class with calisthenics at the end. I'm not really sure what the plyometrics workout is called, but it's inside our gym. We set up cones in different orders and do plyometrics around them.

It's definitely getting me in better shape! I've gained about 10 lbs of muscle since I began the class 3 weeks ago.
    Damn!, I want to be in that class haha

Quote Originally Posted by MotivatedIzzy View Post
    Damn!, I want to be in that class haha
    The only bad part about it is we don't do all the much running outside of plyometric workouts, though I've been told short bursts helps with long distance, but I don't know how much truth that holds. I'm just going to have to start running a couple of miles after school when spring time comes around.

Thread Information