Graduated Today. Stop Stressing About Boot
Create Post

Graduated Today. Stop Stressing About Boot

Sup devil pups. I just graduated today India Company, Plt 3203 (Honor Platoon). Spent an extra month on depot for a rib fracture. It sucked, but I moved on.

I see a lot of people stressing around here about the whole physical aspect of boot camp. Stop! Boot camp overall is not THAT hard. You should be in decent shape before you go, but don't stress it.

You're told everything to do, it's easy. Drill Instructors break everything down barney style. A lot of the stupid crap they make you do is for a reason. You really can't prepare for boot camp because it's unlike anything you've ever experienced.

PT isn't that hard. The most physical thing you do is the crucible and reaper hike (for our San Diego boys) and it's not even that bad. Getting IT'd sucks but eh...you suck it up.

Like everyone says it's mostly all mental. Keeping a positive mental attitude will keep you going. As you move through training, it doesn't get any easier, but you get better.

Receiving and first phase sucks, but as you move on you start to get more motivated.

That's all I got. If anyone has questions about recruit training (really anything, I was just as curious) feel free to ask or pm me. I promise you will make it if it's in your heart to be a Marine.

Oorah

Congratulations Marine. What is your MOS, and where will you be sent for training?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    By xbh: I promise you will make it if it's in your heart to be a Marine.
    These words of yours just spoke experienced volumes to these Poolee's and wannabes, Marine. Congratulations and welcome home. By earning the title you have also earned the right to read and post in all forums with the exception of Poolee Hall. Now enjoy your leave you certainly earned that also.

OORAH!!!!

Jim

Congratulations Marine. Thanks for the extra confidence, and enjoy your leave.

Congratulations Marine!!!

Thanks for the advice and heads up most appreciated!!

Congratulations Marine!

Thread Information