i need some help on this question since im a hs graduate im not allowed to go active
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i need some help on this question since im a hs graduate im not allowed to go active

my rcter said i can not go active due to im a hs graduate M.O.S im trying to go for is 0311 Basic combat rifleman i gotta a feeling that hes not telling me the real truth plz i need a response on this matter

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    i have been hearing this a lot on here now, can't say if it is true or not but I can say the Marine Corps right now is in a position to be pickier about who they allow to enlist. If that is what your recruiter is saying then it maybe true

Also fill out your profile if you wish to continue to ask questions and get answers

Are you saying your recruiter told you, you can't go active because your a High School Graduate?

We're full on active slots right now, especially infantry. If you really want to be active 0300, then wait until October when the new year starts and try then, or try at least 2-3 months before hand.

God! Please think about the future of our society and use proper grammar and spelling! We are Marines...we apply professionalism to everything we do.

Credits
    Savings
    fill your profile out newbie.

Along with filling out all of your profile, read the rules in the poolee and the Ask A Marine forums.
    Try using some proper sentence structure and punctuation...like capital letters at the beginning of sentences and periods at the end, and we don't use chat room slang here either.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I read the Post 4 times and I just figured out the question, I Think???

I'm too damn old to try to figure out what the hell he was asking.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If your recruiter told you that it must be so....because recruiters have been telling allot of wannabees and poolees the same thing.

Fill out your profile and then read some of the stories from other friends and poolees in your situation in the Ask A Marine and Poolee Forum.

Have you been in trouble or have health issues that would prevent you from joining?

Or need waivers?

You can always wait until September 30th 2010 pack your trash and stay overnight on the recruiters hatchway....and be the first to get the MOS that you want in the active field.

Other than that listen to the recruiter.....

The chat room is across the hall...in the meantime with wanting to be a grunt....you are giving the infantry a bad rap with your high school education.

We need to sticky a topic in this forum concerning pool and ship cuts. Tired of reading the same questions stating "...I'm a High School Grad and my recruiter is telling me I can't join, is he telling the truth?"

Yes, they are. High school grads are the typical "last resort" military service guys. When the economy tanks, we must maintain a high level of standards for enlistment regardless of the office traffic we receive.

You're 0311 no matter what, until MOS split at ITB for Weapons Platoon (Infantry Training Battalion). With that said, 03's are always needed, there's about only 36,xxx of us. With the war in Afghanistan, and the surge of Combat elements needed I'm sure you can land a contract with 03xx at MEPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyFungus View Post
    We need to sticky a topic in this forum concerning pool and ship cuts. Tired of reading the same questions stating "...I'm a High School Grad and my recruiter is telling me I can't join, is he telling the truth?"

Yes, they are. High school grads are the typical "last resort" military service guys. When the economy tanks, we must maintain a high level of standards for enlistment regardless of the office traffic we receive.
    Not true, they are not the last resort. the minimum is a high school deploma. The recruiters would like to see their poolees start on getting a higher eduacation which in the long run will help the poolee get in as a contract PFC and to keep going with a college eduaction in the fleet. in the past couple of years i have seen friends who were going to college or got out and went to college go back in and became officers. the recruiters have a wide selection of poolees to choose from and send in. unlike my time when i enlisted they were looking for anybody. when the economy improves and more jobs created you'll see the recruiters going back to the old practices of the 90's trying to get as many on the bus as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    Not true, they are not the last resort. the minimum is a high school deploma. The recruiters would like to see their poolees start on getting a higher eduacation which in the long run will help the poolee get in as a contract PFC and to keep going with a college eduaction in the fleet. in the past couple of years i have seen friends who were going to college or got out and went to college go back in and became officers. the recruiters have a wide selection of poolees to choose from and send in. unlike my time when i enlisted they were looking for anybody. when the economy improves and more jobs created you'll see the recruiters going back to the old practices of the 90's trying to get as many on the bus as they can.

I'm glad you're talking about "what recruiters would like to see", as I am one. I've been a canvassing recruiter for a year and some change up here in the 1st MCD. You absolutely could not be more further off base and have no idea what you're talking about.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I'm glad you're talking about "what recruiters would like to see", as I am one.
    Draw up a thread proposal and send it to thedrifter and ask her to sticky it....I would very much like to see it and active duty recruiters answering questions such as yourself and a few others on here.....with up to date scoop.Thanks!

Thread Information