MOS and Sports Questions
Create Post

Question MOS and Sports Questions

I leave for San Diego on October 7th, and of course I'm both excited and nervous. I made my mind up when I was about 12 that I wanted to be a Marine, and it was for all the right reasons.

To be honest I have no clue what I'd like to do once I have completed my four year enlistment. The only civilian job I've been interested in is being a firefighter here in Phoenix.

What MOS would be / would have been most beneficial to a career as a fireman?

Also, I've been told by my recruiters that the Marine Corps has both an All - Marine football AND hockey team. These are not the reason I enlisted, but they are surely bonuses. I have been struggling to find any information on these teams, is there such a thing as All - Marine hockey... and if so, how much of their time in the Corps is dedicated to playing / training for that sport.

Any information would be beneficial. Thank you for your time.

Kyle Brayer

In yer profile, you state you are a Marine.. wtf iz up with that??

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow Go back to the source of the information

Ask your recruiter for the information on the All-Marine Teams for hockey and football. Ask him where they train and what their season schedules are. I'm sure he can assist you. What I can tell you about All-Marine sports is that the competition is tough. Every Marine in the Corps has the opportunity to try out for the All-Marine Teams. You may be good enough to play for your unit or base, but the odds of making the All-Marine teams drops significantly after making your base team. Think of it like this. An NFL team can only have a roster of so many players, they draft and try out a number of people. Only the very best make the final cut. Remember, the Corps has over 172,000 active Marines to consider when selecting athletes. Needless to say, the competition is tough.

P.S. You are not a Marine until the day you graduate training.

First of all, thanks for the information on the All-Marine programs. I'd have a much better chance of making the hockey team, if one in fact, does exist. I played with the under 18 Team USA roller hockey team, and played the highest level of ice here in Phoenix.

I don't know how to "edit" my thing that says I am a Marine. I am aware that one does not earn to title of "Marine" until he or she graduates bootcamp, and I'm not quite sure why it would say I have already graduated. My apologies for the confusion.

I'd still like to hear someone's opinion on the most beneficial MOS for a future firefighter... any help is appriciated. Thanks again.

Post Hey...

Hey cowboy...
    I'm not a Marine but I take pride in knowing quite a bit about the Corps.
    What MOS would be most beneficial to one that fights fires?
    I'd have to say the Marine Corps Firefighting/Rescue team! The actual MOS title is Aircraft Firefighting/Rescue...the school is Goodfellow AFB in Texas...or so I hear, and the MOS is 7051 if I remember correctly.
    Look into that.

Semper Fi.:rambo:

Thread Information