Lack of motivation?
Create Post

Lack of motivation?

A few months ago I saw this USMC group that was made on Facebook. I scrolled down to read some member posts. They were all civil, until:

I tried joining the marines once, and went to the recruiting station but I was a few pounds overweight. They don't have enough courage in themselves to make me lose it, but oh well. I still respect the Marines and I am still considering joining in the near future. If anyone else out there is "thinking" about it, be sure you consider running at least 5 miles every day, do 200 or so pushups every day and so on. You all know that much. But I have talked to too many marines and they all tell you that no matter how hard you train before boot camp, you still get your ass kicked.

"I still have respect for the Marines." Obviously you don't if you're going to type out that garbage. Has anybody else come across a person who "tried" to join and blamed it on everything but themselves when they didn't, or when they gave up? I guess some people just don't have what it takes, and like to put the blame on others.

Displacement of responsibility of personal faults is not an excuse for not taking appropriate action. Being overweight is fine so long as you're willing to do what is necessary to rid yourself of that excess baggage. Blaming your inability to motivate yourself to do that (or anything), and attributing that as a recruiter's fault, is downright heinous and disgusting.

I think it's funny that he has an idea of the physical exercise he needs to perform to prepare himself for boot camp, yet he lacks the ambition to lose just a few pounds.

Yeah, I've seen these types of individuals a few times. They come in all shapes and sizes; overweight individuals, toothpicks, and average-build guys. They expected the hard-working recruiters to cater to and supply their personal motivation, or they were just filled with self-delusion without active efforts to achieve their physical goals. Not many of them last very long.

I wish i knew that kid so i could slap his parents.

i reffered a kid to my recruiter and when my recruiter called him to try and set up a meeting the kid told him that if he didnt come to his house then he wasnt doin it..ridiculous

Haha! No personal responsibility! Slap the kid and the parents. My "few pounds" to lose was 22 just to get to my max weight. The only thing my recruiter did was invite me to a weekly pool workout the day I told him I wanted to join. I showed up. Guess that makes me motivated.
    So whoever this kid is, I have no sympathy for him. If you want to be a Marine, then you do what you need to do. Otherwise, too bad.

I hate to say it but I'm honestly not surprised.

There are SO many that lack motivation these days who love trash talking and pawning off their laziness and poor choices on someone else especially the Marines. Everyone loves a scapegoat right?

Better them not joining, than joining and being a poor example and making the rest look bad.

I have to agree with Nuance, I couldn't have said it any better!

What's his name and what's the name of the group? I'd love to cuss this little mother ****er out

lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    who cares... this kid might be the one who makes it, you know...there was a kid at my RSS who just left a month ago running a sub-9min 1.5 mile, doing 25 pull ups and well over 100 crunches, and he just sent a letter to my recruiter saying he wants to come home.
    i thought this thread was going to be about how you can lose motivation. i can really sympathize with that. when you have 7 months to go (only 4 now, and i've been working my ass off) and youre stuck in your old town just waiting to ship out and your old friends are just partying all day, it's hard to motivate yourself to be different and push yourself every day. when i DEP'd in i was in great shape. i slacked a little over the next month though, but now i'm BACK AT IT and it feels GREAT baby just running, pushing and pulling all day. i can't ****ing wait to get out of here.

Obviously this fatbody doesn't have what it takes, and just like any other wannabe who can't make it, runs his mouth with nothing but $hit coming out of it and can't accept the fact that he is merely a loser who is jealous as hell. Someone should pound his little b*tch wrinkle till he cries. I can't stand a person who talks $hit about something just because they don't have what it takes. HAHAHA! -slap his parents-

I wouldn't even waste time thinking about someone like that - he will be lucky if he ends up in the National Guard!

Thread Information