Time for chevrons after promotion. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the input.

This Marine is just out of MCT and I'm his primary MOS Instructor. My whole take on it was if he didn't want to take the time to get the chevrons put on then he OBVIOUSLY doesn't want the rank right?

We had a Bravos inspection on the 5th and he showed me the receipt for the tailor. Not only has it been well over two months since he got promoted, but the receipt said his shirts were ready for a pick up a week and a half before the inspection.

The school house drives me mad sometimes. We get them straight out of MCT and we have to teach them everything it seems, and it worries me. How is it these young Marines are just outta Boot, but they can't tell me where Devil Dog comes from? Or the Blood Stripe? Why are none of their uniforms marked and why do they not know where those markings go?What's going on at MCRD these days!?

And that is where it is your job to teach them (as I'm sure you are doing, and doing well). I can't tell you the countless marines who come out of school and don't know a single thing. Regardless of the product that MCRD is producing, mentor the marines...and make the SOB sweat for those mosquito wings. They will either become really smart or really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    To the 2nd post: The hell would an officer need 120 days to get his uniforms up to the rank they are. Everything they own is a pin on rank. Do they expect to make the ranks themselves and put it on once a week or something?
    Couldn't tell ya, but thats the reg I found. My guess is that it has to do with changing different grades of officer so that you can get your scrambled eggs, etc.

It's not MCRD, it's the recruit/Marine. If they don't care to know, they aren't going to learn. And I don't think it's a requirement to have markings anymore. At least not to my knowledge...I think I'm the only one at my unit with all my trash marked. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 0627Instructor View Post
    Thanks for the input.

This Marine is just out of MCT and I'm his primary MOS Instructor. My whole take on it was if he didn't want to take the time to get the chevrons put on then he OBVIOUSLY doesn't want the rank right?

We had a Bravos inspection on the 5th and he showed me the receipt for the tailor. Not only has it been well over two months since he got promoted, but the receipt said his shirts were ready for a pick up a week and a half before the inspection.

The school house drives me mad sometimes. We get them straight out of MCT and we have to teach them everything it seems, and it worries me. How is it these young Marines are just outta Boot, but they can't tell me where Devil Dog comes from? Or the Blood Stripe? Why are none of their uniforms marked and why do they not know where those markings go?What's going on at MCRD these days!?
    They should of had my DI's.

Polizei - it is still a requirement to have your uniforms marked. Some have just fallen out of, or don’t know the true practice of doing a full uniform inspection. Last thing you want to do is hit a formal school with unmarked uniforms. Not pretty.

Mine still have PFC chevrons because I have been in Iraq most of my career and there wasn't any need. Now, I just found out I am going to afghan so again, no inspection is coming up but as for the question, I dont' thin kthere was a maradmin stating anything about the grace period you have to get them done. If you know are getting promoted, it is common sense to have them fixed. Now, while I was in the school house, I got promoted to PFC but I was not keeping track so it was last minute for me. A week later I had the Alpha's inspection. Since I just got promoted, the instructors stated I had 30 days to get them done. I still got them done in less then a week. I'm so cool.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    i dont know the official order but i have always heard that you have 30 days after date of promotion to have chevrons put on your uniforms.

Thread Information