Lat move
Create Post

Thread: Lat move

Lat move

Can i be able to do a Lat move from 0481 to 5811 while in the reserve?

Not sure, but why would you want to? Pick an MOS...if you don't like it, then think about switching. I think it's 2 years active duty if you want to lat move, not sure about reserves. Probably have to wait until your contract is up and reenlist.

Thanks Marine.
    I was trying to get the 5811(active duty)but the recruiters said that MOS it's not aviable to the RSS San Juan by the moment(since june 1) so i don't want to spend 4 year of my life doing something that i don't liked so that's why i'l do the change to a reservist ,sadly in PR the reserve had only 3 MOS(Motor T,ADMIN,and combat landing support)
    What do you think?i want the 5811 so badly because i'm a police officer here by 10yr.

You'll still have the same 3 MOS choices whenever you're able to lat move, unless you're planning on moving.

I hope you know the Corps is discontinuing garrison MP's, that said, if you go active as a 5811, you might get to do garrison for a year or two, but they're switching all MP's to field-only. And a field MP is NOTHING like a LEO, or garrison MP.

And you don't get to choose if you want garrison or not. It depends on the Corps' needs. In my MP class, it was split about 50/50. And keep in mind, if you go reserves, there isn't any garrison, it's all field units.

I would suggest that if you've already been an LEO for 10 years, you're probably too old to join anyway. You might want to just count your loses and move on. Personally, I just hope I can become an LEO someday.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    I hope you know the Corps is discontinuing garrison MP's, that said, if you go active as a 5811, you might get to do garrison for a year or two, but they're switching all MP's to field-only. And a field MP is NOTHING like a LEO, or garrison MP.

And you don't get to choose if you want garrison or not. It depends on the Corps' needs. In my MP class, it was split about 50/50. And keep in mind, if you go reserves, there isn't any garrison, it's all field units.

I would suggest that if you've already been an LEO for 10 years, you're probably too old to join anyway. You might want to just count your loses and move on. Personally, I just hope I can become an LEO someday.
    That's exactly what i've want Field MP!!!
    and garrison MP it's NOTHING like been an SRT member by 10 in one of the most HIGH CRIME zone in the US,but thank for your info Marine,really appreciated

Well if that's what you're into, the Marine Corps does have SRT for garrison MP's, but I believe it depends on your duty station. Best of luck!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    the grammar in your posts is heinous, reading them gave me a headache

Thread Information