Assault Pack in Civilian Attire? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There's nothin that screams "BOOT" more, well, maybe wearing your camelback in Oceanside(it's been done).

Make sure you buy a red US Marines coat also with about 20 rocker patches on it. Plus always wear your dog tags outside of your shirt.... LOl

Wish I could see that photo. Make sure you wear a woolly pulley, (if they still have them), corframs, and such with the bag LOL.

That having been said, someone want to post a pic of one so us old timers know what they are? I've got a 'Blackhawk tactical' bag that I use as a 'go -bag', is it something similiar?

(I get away with wearing/using it since I'm old and nearly retired...LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    There's nothin that screams "BOOT" more, well, maybe wearing your camelback in Oceanside(it's been done).
    When I came in the trend was wearing web belts, black boots, dog tags and whatever misc related Marine clothing they could find (jackets, shirts, hats). Oh and lets not forget field jackets and service dress all weather coats.

Weekends at the Jacksonville mall outside Camp Lejeune were never dull

Wear your seabag; you will be able to fit more stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    When I came in the trend was wearing web belts, black boots, dog tags and whatever misc related Marine clothing they could find (jackets, shirts, hats). Oh and lets not forget field jackets and service dress all weather coats.

Weekends at the Jacksonville mall outside Camp Lejeune were never dull
    Now adays its 80's stripped polo shirts and aviator sunglasses...ohh wait thats Officers.

^ hahaha

Polo shirts and khaki's with a belt and a fresh hair cut.... who's idea was that for libbo attire in a foreign country? Yeah that doesn't stick out the least bit

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    LMAO at this thread.....I was almost emberassed to be out in Oceanside, San Diego, or even OC most the time, knowing there is a thousand other boots out there acting like idiots and then all the NCO's and officers that live around the area that would see everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobrm50 View Post
    Are you allowed to wear the assault pack in civilian attire?
    Yeah you probably don't want to be that guy

Last summer i purchased: TAG Chaos 3 Day Assault Pack (Black) it's rugged and discreet, not too military looking, looks like a "tough" laptop or book bag. It's comfortable when fully loaded and the hydration bladder is concealed and durable.

But if you want to be that guy It would be a sik match with corframs and the woolly pully, digi-camo bandana, BC glasses?

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Yeah you probably don't want to be that guy

They still sell them black flight jackets with HUGE USMC and EGA embroidered on the back? I remember during MCT a buch of boots went out and bought them at the base store just to go out on libo that weekend....LOL

^ Oh hell yea, the Marine Corps store inside the Jacksonville mall is still kicking. Stores/PX are full of them

I think the best thing I have ever seen is a FNG, or boot as some call, wear his jungle boots w/ his jeans bloused, a bright red shirt that said marines a size too small and tucked in, his day pack with canteens on the sides, and a camo baseball hat strolling right down Basilone by SOI at Pendelton. To this day have never seen it topped. HAHAHA still cracks me up thinking about it.

bahaha! Canteens? Oh man that's up there

Thread Information