TEXAS Welcomes the United States Navy Hospital Corps
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

TEXAS Welcomes the United States Navy Hospital Corps

Well Howdy partners, Imagine my surprise as a retired FMF Corpsman to see a whole gaggle of HM wannabe's in the San Antonio, Texas airport, Had to do a double take to make sure i wasn't at Gillespie fields in San Diego, Where i reported in for HM school a lightyear ago, But my old eyes wern't playing tricks on me, They went and moved Corps School to the Lone Star state, Training right along with all the other services, Great Idea, but now us old timers can sit back and spin tall tales about our days at Balboa, and Great Lakes. Welcome to texas guys

The first class started in April,the last class to graduate at Great Lakes will be in June.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Dan, I was a graduate of gret Lakes Recruit training in 1971, Then HM-A school in San Diego, Another Question , will the HM students still go to Camp Pedleton for Field Med School?

They will go to either Camp Pendleton or Camp Lejuene for FMTB depending on which coast their follow up orders are assigned.

Boy Those Kids Are Lucky When I Went To Corpsschool It Was A Very Very Cold Feb-apr 1982 Great Lakes Broke All Sorts Of Cold Wheather Records That Year . In Fact We Ate From The Vending Machines Because It Waso Cold We Didnt Want To Go Out Side.

Semper Fi My Brothers

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Balboa was a great place for Corps School....

Thread Information