new to Marine life..lots of questions... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

sure can!

Quote Originally Posted by ringoffire View Post
    I love this quote....did you make it up or found it somewhere else?? Is it okay if I use it?

I just found it online somewhere..i love it too!! yes u sure can use it! lol. god bless..Marine wives. ooh-rah!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jennibaby990 View Post
    Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer Shepherd. My new husband just recently graduated boot camp at PI and left this past tuesday for MCT at Camp Geiger, NC. When he left he still had no orders on his MOS. I just feel really in the dark about where he will be going next and for how long? I also know nothing about MCT. will he have any contact with me while there? Is there a "graduation" or anytime between mct and his next step for me to see him. I just feel like hes gone and i will not be able to see or hear from him or know where he is after mct. Will i be able to be near him while hes in mos school? sorry for so many questions. any that can be answered is appreciated. I am currently living in raleigh, nc with his family and i just feel kinda left behind with no place to go. i know that im goin to be alone alot with this life and Im prepared for that as much as u can be i would assume. im very proud of him and support him in evrything! just wish i knew a lil more. thank you!

Jennifer Shepherd
    I see that most of the ppl answered your questions already, so I'll just add, Welcome, and believe me i know how tough it can be... I alway's have said that when are men are away training or on field op's and what not... it's training for us too, because we have to learn to be without them for periods at a time. The not knowing part really never stops... Like right now.. i have no idea where my husband is or what he is doing where he's at, and i don't ask questions, because i know if he can tell me he will. He's a marine, and he is currently stationed in Japan, he goes out on ship A LOT..about 300 days a year, most of the time i don't even know what day he's leaving on ship... but he throw's hints at me... like the last time we stayed up all night so he could pack, obviously telling me he's leaving the next morning... and that all i have to go on.

You should try some MCWife forums, like Milspouse.com dogtagsanddiamonds.com militarysos.com is a really good one. Where we all stick together and help one another. because as i said, life as a marine wife IS NOT EASY, really never knowing whats to come, and most of the time not knowing anything. And it's nice to have a bunch of other woman around you that have been through the same thing to support you.

just always be understanding and supportive. Those are 2 things our men need most.

I wish you the best of luck!

-Crystal

Thread Information