More Marines to Haiti
Create Post

More Marines to Haiti

Not sure if you guys have seen this or not...the Pentagon is apparently sending 2,000 more Marines to Haiti. And guess who is one the lucky ones to go?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6120399.shtml

-Cody

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    2000 More???
    Why???
    20 other Countries are already helping!!!
    I just don't understand the need for more Marines...

I don't know either, I guess I'll find out when I'm there. Apparently from the articles I've read, they really need MP's because there have been shootings, people looting all the time, and general chaos.

-Cody

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck Cody.
    Give us a SitRep when you get back Bro so we know the REAL Story on what's happening over there.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

They need 2,00 more Marines because those 2,000 can get more done that 50 other countries, and that includes the U.S. Army. It's what us Marines do and do well, and with a little taxi service known as the Navy. Semper Fi my brothers!!!

Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I know I'm not supposed to post in here but I have a sit rep from my son in the 22nd MEU. He has been able to call a few short times from the Bataan when they are on board. The Marines from the MEU are not in Port Au Prince but out among the villages handing out food and water. He says for the most part the natives are very grateful and love the Marines when they come. Crowd control is a little problem as whenever they set up 100's and 100's come and keep coming til they have to move to another spot. He says its really really hot down there so be prepared polizei.
    Of course you might be doing something completly different but thats the story of the 22nd MEU.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure where I'll be going, or exactly what I've even be doing. I'm an MP, so I assume MP duties.

Hrmm, I don't much care for hot weather, nor lack of communications. This should be fun, lol.

If you happen to hear anything else from your son, I would love to be informed!

Credits
    Savings
    Take care of yourself Bro. Good Luck and I hope you get back to CONUS soon.

Good luck Brother, like Rocky said, give us a sitrep.

Well apparently it's been called off...just to let you guys know. I'll keep you all informed on what happens. Can't give out anymore details, not like I have any, anyway.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Well apparently it's been called off...just to let you guys know. I'll keep you all informed on what happens. Can't give out anymore details, not like I have any, anyway.

I'm not sure on who's going but I hear my unit will be heading there mid next month. I was at the range when the word was passed guess I'll find out tomorrow when the 96 is over.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    So they found the Cacos leader?

Thread Information