USMC neck tat? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USMC neck tat?

Rutttttttt Rohhhhhhh

I got a 12 pack saying he is on his way to the house permantly. I have tats and was stationed at 8th & I in the early 90s. But you could not see mine while in Charlies.

Cantrell

Quote Originally Posted by Militarys Dautr View Post
    I think its wrong when People in the Military have their tattoos displayed when they are wearing any type of Uniform, its just not proper to me! i mean dont get me wrong I like tattoos, have a few but noone would be able to see it, no matter what uniform i wear...Ive been to a couple of BCT and MCT graduations and have seen a couple of new Soldiers have tattoos showing on their neck and arm when wearing a uniform and It surprises me greatly i feel it shows no respect, no discipline. Is the Military be coming less strict now?
    No, actually the powers that be in the military and the Marine Corps unfortunately feel the same way that you do. Obviously because I have a tattoo that shows on my arm, I have no respect for authority or discipline. The military takes so much freedom from those who serve I'm amazed at the new and asinine ways they chose to screw with them. I understand that you know what you are getting into when you sign up and I don't have a problem with disciplining those who knowingly break the rules. I do hate that those in charge try to make my Marine Corps clean and sanitized. The job Marines do is dirty, nasty work that is done by mostly men and women with the same disposition. I'm going to be a lot more worried about a lot of other attributes my fellow Marines show than wither they have a tattoo showing while standing in formation. I served with a tattoo that showed and I never got a complaint about my discipline or how well I showed respect. Oh well at least everyone well look all pretty now for the dog and pony shows. Rant over.

Last edited by boomer56328; 02-05-10 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Militarys Dautr View Post
    I think its wrong when People in the Military have their tattoos displayed when they are wearing any type of Uniform, its just not proper to me! i mean dont get me wrong I like tattoos, have a few but noone would be able to see it, no matter what uniform i wear...Ive been to a couple of BCT and MCT graduations and have seen a couple of new Soldiers have tattoos showing on their neck and arm when wearing a uniform and It surprises me greatly i feel it shows no respect, no discipline. Is the Military be coming less strict now?
    I think it's wrong when Marine Friends aren't allowed to post in a Marine Only forum and do.
    Read the rules in the poolee forum and the headings over each forum as a guide.

LOL. I got a "Death Before Dishonor" directly on my right forearm in '87. Of course that was a different time...but everyone thought it was pretty 'moto'.

Thread Information