Advantages of Marines over other services.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1

    Advantages of Marines over other services.

    Hi all,

    I've been looking at the joining the Corps for a while now, but I was wondering what are the advantages of joining the Marines over the army?
    I apologize if this has been asked before.


    Thanks
    Gray

    Oh, yes I do live outside the U.S. but I am a U.S citizen.


  2. #2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray94 View Post
    Hi all,

    I've been looking at the joining the Corps for a while now, but I was wondering what are the advantages of joining the Marines over the army?
    I apologize if this has been asked before.


    Thanks
    Gray

    Oh, yes I do live outside the U.S. but I am a U.S citizen.
    PRIDE.


  4. #4
    Guest Free Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Providence County
    Posts
    100,039
    Credits
    98,278
    Savings
    0
    Images
    2
    Once a Marine, Always a Marine...


  5. #5
    The real question is why wouldnt you want to be a Marine.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    The real question is why wouldnt you want to be a Marine.
    The army would be the easy way.


  7. #7
    In my opinion, if you have to ask what the advantages of being a Marine are compared to the Army, then maybe the Marines isn't for you. Seems to me that you're looking for opinions to sway your decision on what branch to join.
    Either you want to be a Marine, or you don't.

    I joined because it was something I knew that I wanted to do since I was a kid.

    The PRIDE of being a Marine is priceless!
    Once A Marine, Always A Marine!


  8. #8
    Guest Free Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Providence County
    Posts
    100,039
    Credits
    98,278
    Savings
    0
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post

    I joined because it was something I knew that I wanted to do since I was a kid.

    The PRIDE of being a Marine is priceless!
    Once A Marine, Always A Marine!



  9. #9
    Marine Free Member Marine84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6,642
    Credits
    3,776
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    Cause I was looking for a few good men myself! (I love it when I get to use that)

    I chose the Corps because of the uniform, the sharp moves when drilling, we don't train our males & females together in boot camp (hopefully THAT hasn't changed), and, if I decided later to go to another branch, I wouldn't have to go through their boot camp (coming into the Corps from another branch you have to go through boot camp).


  10. #10
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

    Father Kevin Keaney
    1st Marine Division Chaplain
    Korean War


  11. #11
    Guest Free Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Providence County
    Posts
    100,039
    Credits
    98,278
    Savings
    0
    Images
    2
    Kim, I love your New Signature Quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  12. #12
    Marine Free Member Marine84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6,642
    Credits
    3,776
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    thanks rocky!


  13. #13
    "The Marines…will never disappoint the most sanguine expectations of their country—never! I have never known one who would not readily advance in battle."
    —Capt C. W. Morgan, USN in a letter to Brevet BGen Archibald Henderson, (5th CMC) 1852


  14. #14
    You'll learn that the Corps is a religion unto itself where Chesty is held
    in the highest regard, wisdom is sought from Archibald Henderson and men
    that wear bursting bombs are heralded as demi-gods placed on Earth to be the
    baddest men around.


  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    In my opinion, if you have to ask what the advantages of being a Marine are compared to the Army, then maybe the Marines isn't for you. Seems to me that you're looking for opinions to sway your decision on what branch to join.
    Either you want to be a Marine, or you don't.

    I joined because it was something I knew that I wanted to do since I was a kid.

    The PRIDE of being a Marine is priceless!
    Once A Marine, Always A Marine!
    Funny thing is I never wanted to be a Marine but I did want to join the Military and at first I wanted to go with the Coast Guard but they never returned my call, Air force was out of the question, the Navy I knew all to well about from NJROTC. The summer before the start of my senior year of high school I went to my mother's house. Came back home and my dad said that the Army has called non-stop and the Marine recruiter called once! Didn't give the Coast Guard a second chance and I pretty much knew that army was desperate, so I went and talked to SSgt Sonny Osborne (funny all these years later I remember his name). He did his thing with the ASVAB and where I wanted to go in life and was pretty much like a mentor with me. The last time I saw him was in the PX on Camp Hansen, Okinawa. I stopped dead in my tracks and stood there looking at him. He walked up to me and said "Well Marine?" Next thing I knew I was uttering the words "Good Afternoon Staff Sergeant." He smiled and shook my hand and told me "its been a long time".

    And to the OP its a small world in the Marines. You'll run into Marines that you went through boot camp with. You'll be part of the best group that the Military has to offer. You will train how to properly use your rifle no matter what MOS you have unlike other services. We take care of our own and leave no Marine behind!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts