0811 Canoneer
Create Post

Thread: 0811 Canoneer

Exclamation 0811 Canoneer

Hey everybody. Hoping to become a Marine soon, and am interested in the Artillery field. Can anybody tell me a little more about this MOS. The good's, the bad's, I'd like to hear it all. Thank you.

And you double posted why? All you had to do was PM one of the mods...jinelson or thedrifter....and ask them to move your original thread from the Marine Family forum to the Ask A Marine forum. Double posting is not allowed.

Hey, sorry about that. I thought you told me to post it on this section, so that's why I posted it a second time.

I know I mentioned it to you that you can post here, but I didn't tell you to "double post" either.

Credits
    Savings
    BAD:
    As an 0811 you'll also become a driver. I'm 100% positive that you'll have to get your 7ton/howitzer license. So be prepared to do motor t's job as well.

Everything is heavy. 90-120lbs rounds over your shoulder get old.

Setting up a gun pause is a pain in the ass. Setting up nets, digging in spades, running aiming posts, colimeter. Then moving to do the same exact thing over.

Lots of knowledge to learn/retain.

We fire no mater the weather. We don't have tents to sleep in. Just find a good spot on the ground.

Go to the field ALL the time.

GOOD:
    Your not a POG

Blow **** up

Save grunts

Do alot of what infantry does with the ability to fire a howitzer.

Every howitzer has a 50cal or mark19 to go along with it.

Blow **** up

Thanks for the reply Anding. So far I'm still interested in this field. But other than being an 0811, do you have any information on what the 0861-Fire Support Man does? Or is it basically the same things as you mentioned? How did you /do you, like your time in artillery? Thanks again.

GOOD. I was a 0811/0812 for 8 years and I loved it. Humping 94 lb. pro/jo's is not near as hard as humping the 204lb. 8 inch howitzer rounds. At times you will find your self doing 0300 jobs. Infantry is the queen of battle and artillery is the king of battle.

Unless you are a reservist, you do not know if you will be 0811. If you are active you signed a combat support contract. You may get Arty/tank-amtrac/ or another air wing support field...... What is your game plan son?

The sore appears on Chesty's mouth appears again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    I know I mentioned it to you that you can post here, but I didn't tell you to "double post" either.

DaddyMac, enough already. Unless you know what I said to the original poster in a PM at that time, you shouldn't say anything you know nothing about.

HERE IS MY DOUBLE POST:
    Look. you WERE a PVT with 1 yr in before you got out. YOU READ LIKE A WET MOP OUT OFF THE CRAP HOUSE! There are WM's on this site with more salt and integrity then you! And you demand respect! You are an embarrassment to the Corps!!!!!! I have sat back and watch a supply pvt beat up kids long enough. You do not know jack ****!!!! Zip IT!!!!! You washed out!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    DaddyMac, enough already. Unless you know what I said to the original poster in a PM at that time, you shouldn't say anything you know nothing about.

Thread Information