shipping in February
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

shipping in February

i was just wondering if anyone has heard that they will not be sending anyone to bootcamp this month.
    My son had a ship date of February 8 then the 22 and the recruiter just told him his date was moved until March 15 due to having to many in DEP and that no one will ship in February. just curious Thanks

Hi momreigle,

I do remember my son also having a few prospective dates and I would guess ... although I don't know for sure ... that it probably has to do with numbers.

I'm sure your son must be anxious to get moving like mine was. As a mom I was just happy for the extra time to have him home...lol ....

The very best to your son ....

Credits
    Savings
    hi foreverproud
    yes he is very anxious and ready as i am. well they just told him last week that everyone will be moved to the summer months and that he was going to be saved to ship on the 22. and then he went in on saturday and came home with the new information. i am happy for the extra time but also ready for him to start his new life.
    where is your son now?
    thanks for your time

Good morning. I am still shipping Feb 22, however it's to mcrdsd. I see that your son will be heading to mcrdpi. Maybe this has something to do with it. Unfortunate it keeps changing, but he will still get his chance!

Momreigle,

I know... they are ready to go and step off the bus and follow those yellow footprints. I'm sure it must be hard to have the ship date changed to a later date.

My son graduated in June of 2008 from MCRD SD. He is now in Afghanistan ... his first deployment.

....Momreigle ... I think actually the time will seems to fly by ... it did for me.

xjrgjrgx,

I wish you the best on our road to becoming a United States Marine.

Good evening Ma'am. Thank you so much for your well wishes. I do wish your son the best of luck and a safe deployment!

Credits
    Savings
    i just found out today that everyone that was to ship in Feb,March & april will now be moved to the summer months. my son received a new ship date of March 15,2010 and he will keep that date.Hopefully!

My son is the only one shipping from his office in Feb, The other 6 were all moved further back. He ships in 12 days.......

Quote Originally Posted by momreigle View Post
    i just found out today that everyone that was to ship in Feb,March & april will now be moved to the summer months. my son received a new ship date of March 15,2010 and he will keep that date.Hopefully!

Credits
    Savings
    Tracylaud83 good luck to your son!!
    I can not wait until next month. They actually called my son back on December 7 and asked if he could ship the following Monday and he said Yes I'm ready. well of course that whole weekend i was beside myself because he was going so early and missing Christmas. and then they never called him to ship. but now i'm ready.

Credits
    Savings
    I have been told that with this economy the Corps is OVER staffed. 204,000

There is a good chance that my son will not be allowed to re-up. With Iraq standing down, they will have WAY TOO many.

That is unless Iran.......

Quote Originally Posted by Gator347 View Post
    I have been told that with this economy the Corps is OVER staffed. 204,000

There is a good chance that my son will not be allowed to re-up. With Iraq standing down, they will have WAY TOO many.

That is unless Iran.......

Wouldn't the Corps drop or freeze the number of new enlistments first before not allowing an experienced and dedicated Marine to re-up? How does that work ... ?

It seems the number of new enlistments could possibly be effecting the ship dates.

Tracylaud ... the very best to your son ... and I appreciate his choice to become a U.S. Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Several Factors:

Total Bodies - They always want fresh blood.

Certain MOSes are no longer needed. If a Marine can't LAT then they are out.

As a Marine makes rank, there are fewer and fewer "Boat Spaces".

Unless things really heat up (Say Iran, N. Korea...) I expect to see a RIF (Reduction in Force).

This Admin can't afford a large Military & the most $$$$$$ is Labor & Bennies (Boots on the Ground). - [Post Korea, Post NAM, Jimmy Carter, Post Reagan (Cold War).....]

We never learn because we will have to do it (rebuild) again

But this is my take & I am no expert.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    foreverproud

Hi, and thanks to your son for going out there. I will be signing up soon, in less than 8 months. I just wish your son and momreigle's son the best.

Credits
    Savings
    See if you can pick an MOS that is in demand that you like.

INTEL is hot right now.

Thread Information