MOS 8152 - - Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow MOS 8152 - - Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard

COULD NOT POST IN RECRUIT FORUMS
    I am 17 years old, a soon to be Sergeant in the Young Marines, and am in the process of trying to figure out the rest of my life. I am joining the Marine Corps, but im not sure what i want to do. At first i had my heart set on going to college and then going to OCS and becoming a Logistic Officer. But then after to talking to some Marines i want to join the reserves for 4 years while i go to school and then apply for OCS (if I'm not happy with my situation). After doing some research on enlisted MOS's i thought i wanted to be a MSG but then found out you cant be married? So i was wondering if anybody could tell me about MCSF and spousal living arrangements. Thank you.

-Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful

Sorry about violating rule 6, I'd edit the post, but can't figure out how.

Credits
    Savings
    First, why in the H-E double chopsticks would you be worried about spousal living arrangenments at 17? Second, my advice would be to persue college if you have the grades and financial ability. You could always go into the enlisted ranks without completing your college if that is what you choose to do. Also if you want to join the reserves while in school I would do it after my freshman year when you have a better idea of what your schedule could support. It wouldn't be beneficial to you if you had to drop out of college because of reserve commitments, such as deployments.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    First, why in the H-E double chopsticks would you be worried about spousal living arrangenments at 17?
    Well.. me and my girlfriend have been together now for about a year and half, both of her parents have died and she has no idea what happened to her brother, she lives with her sister who was recently divorced some stupid Sailor (no offense to anyone) but really we're both just ready te get the H-E double hockey sticks outa here! Oh yea.. and i love her and all that haha

How about utilizing the search feature there young wanna be, and do some research on your own before you look stupid asking questions that have been answered many times before.

There is more then enough open source information on Security Forces already posted here; it takes a little effort and a few keystrokes to find it.

My advice as far as marriage and the Corps go -- don't get married until your second enlistment.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    How about utilizing the search feature there young wanna be, and do some research on your own before you look stupid asking questions that have been answered many times before.

There is more then enough open source information on Security Forces already posted here; it takes a little effort and a few keystrokes to find it.

My advice as far as marriage and the Corps go -- don't get married until your second enlistment.
    DO NOT go Security forces if married.

I knew a Drill Instructor SSgt Apodaca at MCRD SanDiego,would you happen to be a relation?

I've been with MCSF a couple of times. I'm currently stationed with MCSF Bangor WA as a civilian Safety Rep. To be direct, TOUGH BORING DUTY - straight up. I can't go into details about guard rotations but I can say there will be long stretches where you won't be able to see your wife. Sometimes you'll be standing in a tower by yourself at night, and other times, riding around in a vehicle inside a fenced compound doing circles at 15-25 mph. There are certain aspects that require you to 'stay until the mission is complete', which can be many hours longer than you intended at times. This is a huge strain on relationships. There is good training when security duties allow and 'fair' opportunities for liberty, when mission allows. BUT, having said that, MANY who start their careers here write back or call and say how good it is here compared to the FMF. Personally, I believe that if you believe it's going to be terrible duty, then it IS! If you think positively, then it will be very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post

First of all, Sir, thanks for the marriage advice. Don't think I didn't do any research because I did, I fail to see how asking for help makes me look stupid. If it's so easy to find the information then why not be helpful and post a link or something instead of looking like a jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmarinepack View Post
    I knew a Drill Instructor SSgt Apodaca at MCRD SanDiego,would you happen to be a relation?
    Negative.

Quote Originally Posted by redhammer View Post
    ...I can say there will be long stretches where you won't be able to see your wife... This is a huge strain on relationships. There is good training when security duties allow and 'fair' opportunities for liberty, when mission allows.
    By long stretches do you mean just by the hour? days? months? What's the training like? liberty on weekends, during the week??

Thank you to everyone how replied! Also, what are the living arrangements like for the most part?

If you are thinking about getting married then do not enlist Security Forces. Im not sure if a study has ever been done but I am sure the divorce rate is very high. I would suggest you go to college and then look into enlisting.

Quote Originally Posted by YMsgtApodaca
    First of all, Sir, thanks for the marriage advice. Don't think I didn't do any research because I did, I fail to see how asking for help makes me look stupid. If it's so easy to find the information then why not be helpful and post a link or something instead of looking like a jerk?
    Young man, now that's no way to talk to a Marine. You are being disrespectful to someone who has already EARNED the title. And save the 'he was being disrespectful towards me' attitude, we've heard it all before.
    Remember, this is a Marine Corps forum and we do not tolerate someone coming here and disrespecting Marines. Just because you're in the Young Marines, doesn't give you the right to talk to a Marine that way.
    I do believe you owe 'wookie' and apology!

My intention was not to 'offend' anybody. i wasnt offended either. The Bible declares a burn for a burn, right? I didn't come here to start high school drama, we should all be mroe mature then that. i know the Young Marines doesn't give me a right to disrespect anybody, I'm not trying to disrespect anybody. Sorry if anybody took offense.

Who do you think you are kid? The questions you asked have been asked here before, numerous times. So when you ask again it clearly tells me that you have done no research prior, so you look stupid to me. You don't like it -- I don't care.

And, furthermore, you should be saving the Semper Fidelis signatures until you have earned the title of United States Marine.

YM don't mean anything to nobody.

Go PT.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by YMsgtApodaca View Post
    My intention was not to 'offend' anybody. i wasnt offended either. The Bible declares a burn for a burn, right? I didn't come here to start high school drama, we should all be mroe mature then that. i know the Young Marines doesn't give me a right to disrespect anybody, I'm not trying to disrespect anybody. Sorry if anybody took offense.
    Spare us the preaching about parables and maturity. You are the one who has shown disrespect to a Marine NCO, you are the one that decided to open your mouth and place your foot in it. You need to square yourself away and apologize, mature people realize when they are wrong, admit it and try to rectify the situation. No one wants to hear your excuses, suck it up and carry on.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by YMsgtApodaca View Post

Take some advice from a fellow wannabe. Take WHATEVER they say and don't be disrespectful. If you can't take it here, you WON'T be able to hack it in Bootcamp.

Thread Information