Marine OCS
Create Post

Thread: Marine OCS

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine OCS

I am 26 and applying to Marine OCS. I have a few concerns about my troubles in college and need an honest opinion. I've been completely honest on my application and have noted a "Disorderly Conduct" charge when I was 21. I was downtown and surrounded my some guys making racial slurs and defended myself. No assault charges and the fine was dropped completely at court.

Also when I was 20 years I got a underage possession of alcohol ticket. Other than that I dont have anything else. I know how OCS is very competitive and all I ask for is a chance to be heard. When my packet goes in front of the review board are they going to give me an honest look?

The mistakes I made are my responsbility and I accept that but it was 6 years ago in college and a lot has changed. I just want a chance at OCS school to prove myself. Any advice?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    have you talked with your OSO about it?....I don't see it being a problem as long as you are up front and honest about it. I had some minor things on my record when I started my package but after having an interview with my OSO and everything he saw it didn't affect me and what I wanted to do.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I mentioned the minor things I had on my record and he said we would cross that bridge when we get to it. He basically told me I would have a chance to explain myself but dont worry about it cuz i had no control over the past. He told me to focus on the future and get a good PFT score, solid references etc.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Its been really on my mind for some time now. Guess we'll find out in March when my packet gets sent to the board.

Thread Information