Recruiter telling the truth?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Recruiter telling the truth?

Hey quick question guys. I'm currently talking to my Recruiter and we just got through signing a bunch of papers yesterday, one was for an open contract and when I questioned him about it he said,
    "You can sign the open contract now, we can get you swore in, and we can change your MOS around later" I thought that that seemed "Okay" so I went ahead and signed it.
    Not a few minutes later Gunny asked me what MOS I did want and I said Intelligence. So he printed out the contract for Logistics telling me it was Intel. I'm not stupid knowing Intel is a 02XX, but I asked twice and both the Recruiter and Gunny told me that it was Intel.
    They trying to pull a fast one or what?

And just to make sure, is my profile filled out correctly?

Thanks for any help.

I would never sign an OC. And you don't rate to call a GySgt a Gunny. I don't even rate that. And yes, I believe 02xx is Intel. Hopefully more Marines will chime in. Why not go to another recruiter and ask?

It appears that you now have the MOS 04xx. Is that correct? If it is, you now have a Logistics MOS.

If you signed the papers, all I can say is sorry Charlie. Needs of the Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by FJFri
    Hey quick question guys.
    And yes, this does bother me...how about saying, quick question for you Marines, not question guys.
    Always read what you are signing BEFORE you sign anything.

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors

FIELD 02, INTELLIGENCE
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/02.htm

FIELD 04, LOGISTICS
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/04.htm

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am sorry for any disrespect. I heard other poolees and non poolees refer to him(the GySgt) as such and had no backlash. I won't make the mistake again.

Again I apologize for using "Guys" instead of Marines.

I did read and question the contract I was signing and questioned that I wasn't sure it was what I wanted, and he told me it was. Said "Logistics is Intel" took his word for it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It is my understanding that current SOP is to sign open contract to get into DEP then later get an updated contract with your MOS group listed. The initial paperwork is just to get your foot in the door.

It still boggles my mind how many are scrambling to get into infantry. Why ohh why?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post

It still boggles my mind how many are scrambling to get into infantry. Why ohh why?
    Bob, I've been thinking about that too for awhile now.

It's amazing that 6 out of 10 want infantry???

Duh, you go shoot people in the face and get to be rambo!!!! Or a sniper that runs around and kills people from 20 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Bob, I've been thinking about that too for awhile now.

It's amazing that 6 out of 10 want infantry???
    It was Rambo's MOS in the Army.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Movies.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    It was Rambo's MOS in the Army.
    Is that what it is, all that TV and Movie stuff getting these kids excited about that???

Plus there isn't any admin Marines on Call of Duty.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Plus there isn't any admin Marines on Call of Duty.
    I forgot about that one.
    VIDEO GAMES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FJFri View Post
    I am sorry for any disrespect. I heard other poolees and non poolees refer to him(the GySgt) as such and had no backlash. I won't make the mistake again.

Again I apologize for using "Guys" instead of Marines.

I did read and question the contract I was signing and questioned that I wasn't sure it was what I wanted, and he told me it was. Said "Logistics is Intel" took his word for it.
    You should Google the word Logistics and see what the definitation is, then get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by FJFri View Post
    Hey quick question guys. I'm currently talking to my Recruiter and we just got through signing a bunch of papers yesterday, one was for an open contract and when I questioned him about it he said,
    "You can sign the open contract now, we can get you swore in, and we can change your MOS around later" I thought that that seemed "Okay" so I went ahead and signed it.
    Not a few minutes later Gunny asked me what MOS I did want and I said Intelligence. So he printed out the contract for Logistics telling me it was Intel. I'm not stupid knowing Intel is a 02XX, but I asked twice and both the Recruiter and Gunny told me that it was Intel.
    They trying to pull a fast one or what?

And just to make sure, is my profile filled out correctly?

Thanks for any help.

This has got to be a joke... Are there seriously people out there that are that stupid??

Thread Information