things to bring to boot camp for females
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

things to bring to boot camp for females

I just want to say I know I will be at MCRDPI training to become a Marine but when I got the welcome packet for female poolees the list of things to bring to boot camp included a hair dryer. Is this something that is actually allowed (not that I intend to bring one or expect to have time to use it)? It seemed a little strange to me. Also, are females allowed to bring or buy makeup for the platoon and individual photos wearing the dress blues?

Please don't give me grief about these questions...it doesn't make a difference to me either way

Credits
    Savings
    Absolutely!

You can bring anything you like.

You should be there for 3 months, so bring plenty.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Chelsea

First of all thank you for your commitment to be a United States Marine. In time there will be Women Marines looking at your post they are far more qualified than any male Marine ever could be to answer any of your questions. My intial answer would be to have your hraicut shorter than you have it now, this would probably take care of not having a hairdryer. As far as mackup, you will be shown how to preperly aplly and shade your face properly oh yes, there is your way and there is the Marine Corps way which wins out over anything that you already know. LOL

Any questions you ask are not stupid, you have never been a Marine before so you need to ask questions.

Gunny out

Half of the stuff that they tell you you can bring winds up being confiscated anyway, so if I were you, I wouldn't bring a blow dryer, even if it says to bring one. And NO, DO NOT bring any makeup, you will not have any time to put it on even when you go for your boot camp picture. Remember, this isn't beauty school you're going to. You are there to train to become a Marine. Everything that you do from the time you get up in the morning to the time you hit the rack at night, is done on a time schedule, and there's no time for putting makeup on. Yes, you will learn the proper way of wearing makeup while in uniform, but there's no need for it in boot camp.

Please see the following thread......
    Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=92068&page=5

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the responses. I wasn't planning on bringing a hair dryer just wondering about it. As I said in my original post I understand I will be there training to become a Marine and that is my priority. I had read the posts in the thread you gave and it was helpful. It didn't answer my specific questions though and wouldn't allow me to post in it.

You should be able to post in that thread, since it doesn't looked like it's locked....and the answer to your question about makeup is NO.

I would say bring the least amount of trash possible.

the only thing i brought with me was 20.00, and my running shoes and the coths on my back, if you need it they will give to you

I didn't bring anything to boot Camp, just the clothes i was wearing! Everything is issued and anything you bring will be bagged up and locked away for the 3 months your there.

Quote Originally Posted by fastback190
    the only thing i brought with me was 20.00, and my running shoes and the coths on my back, if you need it they will give to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Komenko
    I didn't bring anything to boot Camp, just the clothes i was wearing! Everything is issued and anything you bring will be bagged up and locked away for the 3 months your there.
    Don't forget Marines, this is a female asking questions on what to bring, not a male. Females are allowed to bring a few things......sports bras, white undies. Why pay an arm and a leg for those things when you're allowed to bring them.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Don't forget Marines, Females are allowed to bring a few things......sports bras, white undies, a picture of Rocky
    Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Fixed!
    ROFL

Bring pics for the DI hogboard...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    ROFL
    HAHAHAHA!!!