Am I prepared?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I prepared?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Am I prepared?

Ever since I was about 10 I've been seeing talent in myself holding a sniper rifle, My dad takes me to the snake river in Washington state and we shoot there. I'm not quite sure it's probably the 22 Grand it's a bolt action I know that. but my first time picking up a gun at age 10 I made the shots count. I Went hunting and I got to shoot a sniper rifle it seemed I was calm and I was patient on my shots on my kills I'm wondering am I able to qualify for a Marine sniper I mean I've thought about it but I'm still thinking it's a tough tough job and I know the army ain't the best the marines is far more better and It makes me think If i have skill if I choose to join the marines, I'm a freshman at the moment in high school and I've been researching on what it takes to be a sniper I know you have to go through alot of pyschical tests like staying still and then increased eye sight and hearing. And I seem to be up for hard challenges because I wrestle I've done it for quite some years and I have the talent to stay calm and patient for that son of a gun to run into my cross hair, but then i had dreams of being and engineer and an artist but being an artist I've accomplished i'm succeeding in art but overall I'm just wondering... Do I have talent to be a sniper am I prepared or do I need more time to work on the decision for if I was going to submit and choose to it?

Well, you took the time to make a post, now take the time to fill out all of your profile and read the rules.....
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Read the rest of the rules here....
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

Read this before posting in Ask A Marine

10. Last thing before you post: You sure you did a search?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

You're only 14 years old and no recruiter will talk to you until you're at 16.
    If you have what it takes and make it through boot camp, MCT/SOI training and your MOS school, the Marine Corps will teach you how to be a Marine Sniper the Marine Corps way.

Credits
    Savings
    I'm Sorry Sir, I just was anxious this decision has been bothering me for quite some time but inside me deeply somethings telling me I have some potential to be one and some ability to master it and It's starting to make me wonder alot about this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0 Snip3
    I'm Sorry Sir
    Do I look like a Sir to you?

Credits
    Savings
    It's hard to tell between no picture and no hints of gender on this topic so Maybe I should revisit what I said and say Ma'm but then I remember hearing saying that in the Marine Corps or Army is not good so just saying Yes Sir is advised am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0 Snip3 View Post
    It's hard to tell between no picture and no hints of gender on this topic so Maybe I should revisit what I said and say Ma'm but then I remember hearing saying that in the Marine Corps or Army is not good so just saying Yes Sir is advised am I right?
    Kid, what does my avatar say? And did you look at my profile?

Credits
    Savings
    I just looked at the pic didn't put much eye sight into it and I'm sorry for doing this because it's very disrespectful especially to someone who has fought for america but Calling me kid is pretty annoying and very un professional to me Maybe names can be used and lets drop it at least I put respect into my reply in to your post.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Although your aspirations are great, you have a ways to go. One of the best snipers I worked with was an outstanding artist that could draw a terrain sketch that would exactly match up with a military map. He sucked at video games. Probably one of the best I've ever seen at call for fire as in calling an actual artillery battery coordinates and they shot live rounds on the target with no reset button.

Being an artist or having an artistic talent can be a positive trait. There are thousands of little details you need to have an A+ on to get in that venue. For now the 1st thing you should concentrate on is school.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Although your aspirations are great, you have a ways to go. One of the best snipers I worked with was an outstanding artist that could draw a terrain sketch that would exactly match up with a military map. He sucked at video games. Probably one of the best I've ever seen at call for fire as in calling an actual artillery battery coordinates and they shot live rounds on the target with no reset button.

Being an artist or having an artistic talent can be a positive trait. There are thousands of little details you need to have an A+ on to get in that venue. For now the 1st thing you should concentrate on is school.
    Just registering already and I seem to like someone already if i could i can rep you so much you'd become famous on here that seems to get me happy on that advice, I try really hard in school and My parents are good parents my mom doesn't take too kindly of people with bad grades so I try really hard. :]

I just looked at the pic didn't put much eye sight into it and I'm sorry for doing this because it's very disrespectful especially to someone who has fought for america but Calling me kid is pretty annoying and very un professional to me Maybe names can be used and lets drop it at least I put respect into my reply in to your post.
    You're going to come on a Marine Corps site and tell me how I should talk to you? I don't think so.
    I don't appreciate being called Sir. My avatar is a dead giveaway for a female Marine and if you took the time in the first place to look at my profile, you would see that I'm a female.
    It's called "attention to detail"....learn it if you ever want to become a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Just registering already and I seem to like someone already if i could i can rep you so much you'd become famous on here that seems to get me happy on that advice, I try really hard in school and My parents are good parents my mom doesn't take too kindly of people with bad grades so I try really hard. :]
    Huh!!

Credits
    Savings
    Where's that picture of the popcorn??

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    ....Okay? I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post