29Palms
Create Post

Thread: 29Palms

29Palms

Our son, a Marine reservist said he might be going to 29Palms MAY2010- this was pushed from DEC2009. He said is it training b4 deployment 2 A-stan, approx 3 months- is it like bootcamp = consentrated & undestracted or is there "free time" on weekends. His brother lives near enough to visit if he can- do they come home b4 they deploy or can family visit b4 deployment. any answers, greatly appreciated, thank you

I wouldn't think it would be like bootcamp and I would think he would get time off.

catorojr
    Guest Free Member
    Your son will be allotted plenty of time. His time though, will all be determined by his command. There will be times where he will be disconnected due to field time. However he will probably be released every evening and random weekends, again depending on his command and time schedule. He will also most likely have a pre-deployment leave to be with family before he leaves. And I would assume that there will be an arrangement to have family see them of if they so choose. He is on active duty for his pre-deployment training.

I hope that answered some of your questions.

Yes- thank you!!!!!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have a son that just recently arrived at 29 Palms. I noticed that you said that arrangements could be made to see him before his possible deployment. Could I go to the base to see him and if so what would be the proceedures? Thanks

catorogr well said dead on. What he said is exactly right...there is a ton of down time but its all up to the command.

Thread Information