Navy Transfer
Create Post

Thread: Navy Transfer

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Navy Transfer

I am active duty Navy... I signed up for Air Rescue Swimmer and have been on hold for A school now for 8 weeks. I have come to realize that I don't like the Navy as much as I thought I would the lack of brotherhood is not there. I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to transfer to the Marine Corp if my contract is for 6 years. Thx for all the help my email is qftzego@gmail.com if this is a subject that can't be discussed openly.

Thanks again

Hey, it's site rules to have a profile, just a heads up so your thread doesn't get deleted. As for your question, you might want to contact a recruiter.

Possible, yes. Probable, no idea.

It would stand to reason that you're going to have to complete your initial contract with the Navy before considering a transfer to another branch. Keep in mind that you'll still have to go through our bootcamp and will begin back at the start with the rank no higher than E-3. If you're alright with that, then yes, it's possible.

Not possible until you complete your original, active duty contract. After that, yes. Until then, no. Interservice transfers are not happening nowadays.

I did some research and discovered this:

http://www.goarmy.com/btg/

While not the Marine Corps, it might be what you are looking for.

It would appear that the army is still doing 'blue to green'.

Better off in the Navy than the army of none.

Yes, for the love of everyone, please stay in the Navy and don't go army. Ha.

In the meantime, have you considered doing a lat move to become a Corpsman? If you looking for the brotherhood aspect of the Marine Corps, that would certainly be an option.

Thread Information