Should I wait or Sign
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I wait or Sign

Hello Marines, I have posted on hear before however now I need some help. I have just turned 18 this past week, and I am wondering should I sign my papers or should I wait and see life? My father says I should wait and make sure its what I want. I know its what I want, I have always wanted to be a Marine, but I was wondering what should I do? Thank you all.

This is a decision only YOU can make, not us. All I can say is if being a Marine is something that you truely want, then go for it while you're young. If you wait, the desire to become a Marine may not be there in a few years. Go for it and make the best of it!

I can say from my choices. I waited to see life like you are saying. Life was good. Life was boring. I wish I had joined earlier. But like WMarine said, this needs to be your decision.

And what are you hoping to see of "life"? Your dad's advice is just a stalling tactic in hoping you don't join.

Me joining the Marine Corps was the best thing that happened to me. While some of my friends went to college and saw "life" (Meaning getting drunk, playing video games, F@#$ing and the occasional class). I SCUBA dived off the coast of Panama. I did evacuation operations off the coast of Sierra Leone. I visited Spain, Italy, Tunisia, Germany and Zimbabwe just to name a few. I traded trinkets with a Nigerian peacekeeper and did toys for tots for a Zimbabwean AIDS orphanage.

Do you think my current college graduate friends who spent their 20s drunk and who currently wish they did something to make a difference got to experience "life" like a Marine does?

Join now, do a term of enlistment, then see if there's anything of life that you still wanna see. It's a lot easier to get into the Corps when you're older if you've already been in before.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddyblaster View Post
    Hello Marines, I have posted on hear before however now I need some help. I have just turned 18 this past week, and I am wondering should I sign my papers or should I wait and see life? My father says I should wait and make sure its what I want. I know its what I want, I have always wanted to be a Marine, but I was wondering what should I do? Thank you all.
    You get out of Life what you put into it.

Don't let the Years go by searching for it cause it may pass you by.

As you get Older, One thing you don't want to say is "I should have done this or I should have done that".

But this I can tell you, I you decide to Enlist and Become a Marine for the rest of your life you can proudly say,

"I am A United States Marine" .
    Good Luck in your Decision.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

"Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda". If that is what you want, then 'wait'. If you want to be a part of history, and to WRITE history, while your buddies are in college (doing what? Getting a 'degree' in hand painting hair nets? Studying the lice population of Chad? Being in a 'frat' in a desperate attempt to find 'esprit de corps'?) then the answer is clear.

Otherwise, you'll be back on here in a few years...asking about 'age waivers' and such.

Jus' sayin...

Dear Marines, I was sitting in class and just thought of what all you were saying. Life is what I am going to make it, then I decided that I am going to join, regardless of what my dad says, I can only hope he forgives me. I thank you Marines for the help in my choice! It helped alot to look at what you Marines have done in your life, I want to help, defend, and do what ever it takes for my Country. Once again thank you Marines!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You at this point, don't count. Undecided is the same as broke. I've been remembering my lost tonite, with tears. Do what you're gonna do. Tonite,,,, leave me the fuk alone,,,,,

Well Marines, I have great news! I went to day and signed my meps paper work, Filling out my security paper work and leaving tomarrow for meps, bright and early. So Friday I should be a Poolie! I just want to say thank you for helping me in a Huge Choice with my life.

You had your mind made up along. Good on you, and good luck!

Thanks, Have to love it, my mother is supporting me, my father refuses to speak to me. My life just gives me that much more of a drive to Graduate and prove to him I can do it!

Your pop will come around. It's hard to watch the children you've raised and guided for 18 years break out on their own. I'll bet he'll be the first one to put a "My Son is a US Marine" sticker on his car.

Best of luck to you!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddyblaster View Post
    Well Marines, I have great news! I went to day and signed my meps paper work, Filling out my security paper work and leaving tomarrow for meps, bright and early. So Friday I should be a Poolie! I just want to say thank you for helping me in a Huge Choice with my life.
    GET SOME !!!

Thread Information