enlisting with moral waiver+GED+15 college credits - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Top, I'm glad to hear the Corps is sizing down...

Quote Originally Posted by yanacek View Post
    Young man, you stated your new recruiter is "kind of a dick." I'm here to tell you that is disrespectful. As far as your rights, you have no right to expect answers to your questions from Marines when you display such an attitude. As for you opinions, keep them to yourself since you opinions doesn't mean $hit to a Marine. You need to get your act together before you can ever think of becoming a Marine. You owe WMarine an apology. Continue your attitude and I will ask a moderator to rid this board of you.
    ================================================== =======

... & if this is the caliber of the recruit pool, I hope they don't accept any more recruits from this breed. There's got to be a better stock pile out there somewhere.

A: The wannabee came here and disrespected MARINES. That violates various and sundry rules the site. BTW, the First Amendment does NOT give you the 'right' to come in here and spout off (at least in this particular area) NOR does it give poolees (or anyone else, for that matter) the 'right' to disregard site rules. This board is NOT a 'free for all' for internet morons. Disregarding the rules gets you 'gone'. Simple as that.

B: Yes, it's still a free country. However, as I stated above, rules do apply. If said wannabee wants to take out an ad in the newspaper, or go on his facebook/myspace whatever, and talk crap about his recruiter, he has that "right". He doesn't have it here.

C: If anyone doesn't care for those rules, the solution is to play elsewhere.

Oh, and to answer the original question: Your chances are likley 'zero/slim/and none'. The Corps has an ABUNDANCE of quality recruits at this point and are, in fact turning people away with the issues you have.

Even the Army is getting tougher. Such is the way of things. Don't blame the recruiter, the Corps, or 'life' for YOUR mistakes.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Oh, and to answer the original question: Your chances are likley 'zero/slim/and none'. The Corps has an ABUNDANCE of quality recruits at this point and are, in fact turning people away with the issues you have.

Even the Army is getting tougher. Such is the way of things. Don't blame the recruiter, the Corps, or 'life' for YOUR mistakes.
    How ****ing simple!!

You were charged with a moral offense.
    You quit school.
    Your recruiter hung up on you. (What is the other side of the story?)
    You called a Marine a 'dick'.
    Then the disrespect began on here.

Wait, I see your side of it now. None of this **** was YOUR fault.

Write a letter or call the CMC. He'll take care of things for you.

I'd be careful

When I was on here as a poolie over some years ago, I ****ed some people off on here and they called my recruiter and I had my ass chewed. Since then however I have earned the title and the respect of that individual.

If your really that hell bent on trying to get your ass in the Corps then you might want to talk to your recruiter aside and ask him to be more specific on why you were rejected. If that doesn't work you could always talk to the Gunny or the Marine over your recruiter. I'm not saying you should but that's always a option.

As far as the sassy attitude you need to lose that bud. A Marine in the fleet will inform you that you have "mail" if you keep it up . You might get lucky and drop kicked in bootcamp as well. best bet is to knock it off.

Saw this and just had to join up.

When I enlisted my recruiter, well, Idaknow what his deal was but long story short he ended up getting busted (or so the story went, and so I hoped) for fraudulent enlistments. At the time, I was wanting so badly to be (and was informed by my recruiter that I WOULD be) enlisted as an Naval Gunfire Liason Marine (ANGLICO). "See kid, it says, right here, MOS 0844, that's ANGLICO".

Those of you in the know will see how I was screwed. 0844's don't get near a parachute, laser designator, etc. We drive around in Hummers and set up tents and talk on radios and if we are lucky get to go down to the gunline every once in awhile and do some physical work. Quite a difference. So yes, suffice to say, SOME recruiters and Marines CAN be "dicks".

Now having said that, in this case, a recruiter turns down a potential recruit in a rude way and said potential recruit get's upset. Is it out of the realm of possibility that said recruiter was a jerkoff about it? Sure. They are busy and have high pressures and probably don't want to spend that much time dealing with the chaff.

Having said all that, I personally am inclined to believe that the original poster is a sea-lawyer in the making and probably would not make it through anyway. We all had at least one in our Plt, you know, the guy who could not embrace his new reality and always had to mentally translate what was going on around him into civilian terms. Hence they can not understand the concept that even as defenders of free speech, we did not necessarily get to practice it, and if we could, there are times when it might not be wise to.

Conclusion for original poster:

If you really want this, keep trying. But if your first response to this is to come back and whine that "I have my free speech rights just like anyone bla bla bla" then maybe you should forget it. My opening might lead some to believe that I am bitter about my USMC experience but far from it. I am so proud of it. USMC is more than just the job you get. But BE WARNED: Boot Camp is NOT "camping with guns". Yeah, it's cool to hump around an M240 and get to shoot it, but then you gotta clean it, which completely takes all the fun out of it.

All you Marines are on My ****Bird list. Let me see them wingspans! NOW EVERYONE REPORT TO CCU ON THE DOUBLE! lol anyways i would have called my recruiter far worse which i did when he dropped me and several other poolees off at the beach and expected us to run back to the office! But i guess thats what i get for signing up with a Recruiter who was Recon.

my recruiter was a dkhead then i went to a Marine recruiter and the rest is history 334 years worth

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfiman View Post
    my recruiter was a dkhead then i went to a Marine recruiter and the rest is history 334 years worth
    WTF!!!

Now that's a saltdog.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    WTF!!!
    Hahahaha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread ain't done?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    This thread ain't done?
    Wishful thinking but somehow I still click on it.
    I'll never learn..........

i guess i screwed up it was the beer lol

Thread Information