recruiter trying to pull a fast one??? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have coached a few poolees threw this situation before. They all seem to be in such a rush to just earn the title that they might just sign anything and believe their recruiters every word. Recruiters are telling you the truth most of the time, there might not be any infantry slots open at the current moment, but that can change any and everyday. If you really want to get an infantry contract try waiting for the new FY and around the 1/4's thats normally when jobs really start opening up. Never sign anything unless its what you want. The Corps will put everything you need in black and white right infront of you unlike other services were you have to pick 3 mos's and hope you get the one you want. Remember this "It is your life and atleast the next 4 years of it, don't settle for anything less than what it is that you want to do".

Whatever you do DON'T GO OPEN CONTRACT if it is offered.

When I was going through MCT they hearded us together and read off the MOS Schools we would be reporting to. Those who went open contract, MOSTLY went to armor school.

However, 2 poor guys were read off "MOS XXXX, Military Sanitation Engineer" or something (can't recall the exact job name or MOS #) and everyone was like, "What the Bleep is that?"

The troop handler pointed to some guy driving one of those little tanker trucks driving up to the porta potties in 52 area and said, "You get to suck s**t for the next 4 years."

I was amazed, probably now that is all contracted out, but back then, it was actual Marines doing it.

Poor guys were so downcast, "we joined up to be trained killers and we get THIS?"

Plus they had to deal with us calling them "s**t suckers" from then on.

Id be more than happy with your situation. You have about 8 months to dedicate yourself to gettin in incredible shape and learning all you will learn in boot camp. There should be no reason why u dont have a 300 pft by then and know all the knowledge needed. Good luck

Marine Free Member SaltyMech3521's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Like all these devil Dogs and leather Necks before me and those that received the title Marine, they are all right. Some are jus there to get the number and htye dont care cause they probably had a s**ty MOS and want others to pay for it, not all, me im Motor-T, and i love it but got stuck with a non-deploy able unit. Don't let them hustle you or play games with yoru contract, one thing that scared my recrutier is i brought in a lawer. Just a idea that worked for me and ended up shipping out to boot and got the MOS i wanted, now i have to Lateral move befor i have to re-up. Take care and keep your head up and get ready Boot camp ant a joke its the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT0844 View Post
    Whatever you do DON'T GO OPEN CONTRACT if it is offered.

When I was going through MCT they hearded us together and read off the MOS Schools we would be reporting to. Those who went open contract, MOSTLY went to armor school.

However, 2 poor guys were read off "MOS XXXX, Military Sanitation Engineer" or something (can't recall the exact job name or MOS #) and everyone was like, "What the Bleep is that?"

The troop handler pointed to some guy driving one of those little tanker trucks driving up to the porta potties in 52 area and said, "You get to suck s**t for the next 4 years."

I was amazed, probably now that is all contracted out, but back then, it was actual Marines doing it.

Poor guys were so downcast, "we joined up to be trained killers and we get THIS?"

Plus they had to deal with us calling them "s**t suckers" from then on.

I'm raising the BULLSH*T flag on this one... Tell me on this forum what MOS designator in the Marine Corps in "Military Sanitation Engineer"... You must be a POSER... Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMech3521 View Post
    Like all these devil Dogs and leather Necks before me and those that received the title Marine, they are all right. Some are jus there to get the number and htye dont care cause they probably had a s**ty MOS and want others to pay for it, not all, me im Motor-T, and i love it but got stuck with a non-deploy able unit. Don't let them hustle you or play games with yoru contract, one thing that scared my recrutier is i brought in a lawer. Just a idea that worked for me and ended up shipping out to boot and got the MOS i wanted, now i have to Lateral move befor i have to re-up. Take care and keep your head up and get ready Boot camp ant a joke its the real deal.
    WTF?? Did you bring a lawyer or your English teacher?? To help you read the paperwork you were signing?? Every Marine joins under an Open enlistment, and is later assigned a Program of their choosing... Good luck with your issues, and if you don't like what we have to offer, there are several other branches of the Military for you to check out... S/F

Your recruiter is trying to make a quota per month on enlistments, he is going to dog you until you sign on the dotted line. Dont give in one inch until you get what you want in writing. If it is not in writing, walk.... There are other Marine recruiters out there that have more patience and can wait with you until October.

Quote Originally Posted by GyC View Post
    I'm raising the BULLSH*T flag on this one... Tell me on this forum what MOS designator in the Marine Corps in "Military Sanitation Engineer"... You must be a POSER... Semper Fi
    I have to agree with you Gunny! Only base civilian personnel such as myself handles all that crap! And when your in the field and there is no port-o-jons around, the corpman handles where the crap goes and any Marine can get in a working party to make the trenches for the crappers! googled it and i got an Army web site for their Medical Corps! WE ARE NOT THE ARMY!!!! WTF!!!

I found the "Sanitation Engineer" MOS that SGT0844 was talking about, but it is only for Officers: 4302 Public Affairs Officer

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    I found the "Sanitation Engineer" MOS that SGT0844 was talking about, but it is only for Officers: 4302 Public Affairs Officer
    *falls out of chair laughing

1/2 a 55 gallon drum. full o chit. fill with jp4 and run like L after u lite it! OD

Thread Information