recruiter trying to pull a fast one???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

recruiter trying to pull a fast one???

First I would like to say thanks for serving our country and I hope to be serving along side you all soon.

So I was with my recruiter looking for an mos. He said the only mos available for anybody at that time was for driving trucks, but the only mos I want is infantry. He told me to just sign the contract for driving trucks and try to switch it later!! Now that sounds kinda fishy to me. I told him I was willing to wait for infantry to open up. His reply was that I could screw my self by waiting because If I wait infantry may not open up and I could lose a spot in the other mos that I dont want.

what should I do? I dont feel comfortable signing a contract for an mos I dont want. I only want Infantry and nothing else. Is that possible??

thank you for any responses to this and again thankyou for being Marines!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thompsonadam7 View Post
    First I would like to say thanks for serving our country and I hope to be serving along side you all soon.

So I was with my recruiter looking for an mos. He said the only mos available for anybody at that time was for driving trucks, but the only mos I want is infantry. He told me to just sign the contract for driving trucks and try to switch it later!! Now that sounds kinda fishy to me. I told him I was willing to wait for infantry to open up. His reply was that I could screw my self by waiting because If I wait infantry may not open up and I could lose a spot in the other mos that I dont want.

what should I do? I dont feel comfortable signing a contract for an mos I dont want. I only want Infantry and nothing else. Is that possible??

thank you for any responses to this and again thankyou for being Marines!!!
    tell him that! its your career choice, not his and not HQMC! if you have to wait for it to open up so be it! if your willing to wait it out he has no say in the matter!

You took the time to post, now take the time to fill out your profile so the Marines here who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to. And read the rules.

Hey thanks for the quick response. It seems like Everything I tell him is going in one ear and out the other. should I ignore him and not answer his calls and just call every so often to check? I dont know how I should go about finding out that its open for sure without being harrased

just wait, dont sign until its the job you really want

try another recruiter

ok so I think my profile is filled out. let me know if you see anything Im missing

ok so I think my profile is filled out. let me know if you see anything Im missing
    It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JRHD72 View Post
    try another recruiter
    Best advice!

If you don't like the vibes you get from the recruiter and he is coming off as "pushy" to you then go to another RSS and talk to another recruiter. It's hard to say what the situation is on the recruiter's end without being there but to me it sounds like he's just looking to get a contract completed. Don't quote me on that cause it's possible there are other factors but that's just what it sounds like to me.

The Marine Corps is small but not so small that the ONLY MOS open right now is Motor-T. I doubt that you'll ever see a entire platoon at recruit training where every single recruit is signed up for Motor-T.

I am a recruiter in the 1MCD.

I can pop up MCRISS and tell you right now that unless you plan on shipping out next FY (October 2010) there are absolutely no Infantry jobs open.

needs of the Corps thats it

also the Marine who is incharge of him called me and said the mos would be open in october. So I called the recruiter and he was like that guy is crazy dont listen to him

hey saltyfungus thanks for checking. Im willing to wait until october would that work?

Im willing to wait until october would that work?
    If you're willing to wait, then it will be worth it. You can use the time until then to prepare yourself for boot camp by getting yourself into shape.

That is exactly what I was thinking. thanks alot for the info I wasnt sure what to do or who I could trust to ask.

Good luck and don't let the temptation or pressure push you into spur of the moment contract signing to ship. You've already made a good step by not letting the recruiter push you into something you didn't want, October isn't that long of a wait and as mentioned gives you plenty of time to prep physically.

Thread Information