Corrective Eye Surgery
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Corrective Eye Surgery

I noticed it was posted in the Marine Parent forum but I don't think I'm allowed to post there and I was wondering about this as well.

What hoops do I have to jump through to get lasik/PRK done by the Marines? Even if the Corps doesn't I will on my own because I'm tired of having a couple pieces of plastic in my eyes.

Right now I have a 1371 (Combat Engineer) reserve contract. I plan to put in a request for active duty as soon as I can but from what I understand it could be a while; I don't mind because I like my MOS and I have other things to occupy my time until then.

Like I said I have contacts now and it might sound kind of vain but I REALLY don't look forward to looking like this guy but I can deal with it, all things being equal I'd like to spend as little time wearing the BCGs as possible. To be honest I hate contacts as well because every now and then they burn like a bad case of...... well I probably shouldn't mention that here .

Any and all info on this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Marines!

You can post in the Marine Family forum...and do a search on Lasik surgery. This topic has been talked about many times.
    If you decide to get lasik eye surgery before you go to boot camp, you'll need a waiver, and it may or may not get approved. It's best if you wait until you're in the Marine Corps, and you'll have to wait your turn, just like everyone before you to get the procedure done.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My mistake, thank you Marine!

Just to clarify I wasn't planning on getting it before I am in the Corps, I've got less than 2 weeks until I go to Parris Island.

Thread Information