I'm back - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by LHMHMOM View Post
    That means a lot Rocky. I appreciate knowing that I can come here and ask questions that I may not be in a position to ask a recruiter.

Box 26 separation code is JDAI
    Mom, your doing fine Mam, your just doing, what any mother would do. Which is trying to help her children do the best in life that they can. I'm sure you are very well aware of "cutting the strings" theory. I see it all the time, working in the school system. Best thing for you is to do what your doing, and push your sons to do the best in life that they can. If that means one of your sons gets the chance to be a Marine, and one does not. Well thats just a fact of life, which I'm sure you understand. Tell you other son who got seperated from Boot Camp, to look into the National Guard, Army Reserves, or Active Army. There waiver process is alot easier, and this way they both get the chance to serve there country. Semper Fi Mam!!!

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm actually doing what Echo said, I got hurt...my waiver process is damn near impossible trying to go Officer...so Like LtCol Bell told me I'm going into the Army...if I can transfer after that, OUTSTANDING...if not I'll have my BDU's on the outside with an Eagle Globe and Anchor on the inside...(only because I don't rate to have it anywhere else, or I'd put a 2 by 4 sized one on my Uniform lol) The Army might not be the Marine Corps...but the real goal is to protect the homefront...and you can do that from any branch of service.

Thanks Echo. It's good to hear that I'm normal, whatever that is. I'm just wondering, does the two year waiting period apply even if he chose to go into another branch?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by LHMHMOM View Post
    Thanks Echo. It's good to hear that I'm normal, whatever that is. I'm just wondering, does the two year waiting period apply even if he chose to go into another branch?
    He should have a paper somewhere that shows he has a 2 year wait for the Marine Corps and 6 months for anywhere else.(Marines, please correct me if this is wrong...I know it's 6 months for the Army and Airforce...Navy may have something else going on) I'd look for mine...but I know it's probably gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    He should have a paper somewhere that shows he has a 2 year wait for the Marine Corps and 6 months for anywhere else.(Marines, please correct me if this is wrong...I know it's 6 months for the Army and Airforce...Navy may have something else going on) I'd look for mine...but I know it's probably gone.
    I wouldn't wait around if I was him, I would be getting my butt down to the Army Recruiters ASAP!!!

Assuming on something, like that when in fact that the Army could probably work out something. It is a waste of time to assume, instead of taking direct action on the matter. I hope that makes sense Mom

Credits
    Savings
    The Army usually is better about waivers lol. I was at the Army rectuiting office 3 months after I got home...and they told me they couldn't even look at me until my 6 months was up...I then proceded to call around and got Valley Forge Military College and I should be there in July for their Early Commissioning Program.

I looked at his paperwork and can't find the waiting period. I'll look again tonight. Good luck at Valley Forge Adrian!!

Thread Information