Looking for a long shot on location of someone - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Dura, if i thought that the bridge-troll would give any information I would do what it takes. Honestly I thought about just bribing her, but I couldnt rely on any information that she would give.

I know this is a long shot, I am still working on getting unit list, from what I know of my 20 years in the military, and from little hints that she has said, I am guessing the father was a NCO in her unit that she was trying to get on the good side of.

So my plan is to try and find out information, and work on it. I have made it farther than my wife has. I am working on figuring out what MOS she held if she even made it that far, and working slowly on any other information. I am hoping for alot of luck.

Well, I don't know what year The Stumps went to segregating the females in their own barracks but, if the mother lived in the squadbay, there would be other females that knew what she was doing.

Same-same for the father. I didn't know any male Marines at that time that tried to hide which WM they were boinking.

I'm sure that you've done the usual stuff and checked for place of birth and birth certificate, etc.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    the father was never put on the birth certificate, and I am hoping that someone remembers something. Right now figuring out how the Marines did things at that time seems to be my biggest issue, squad bays and if they had males over females. if they seperated females in to thier own unit or if it was just like a platoon in a company.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by duragliter View Post
    Well, I don't know what year The Stumps went to segregating the females in their own barracks but, if the mother lived in the squadbay, there would be other females that knew what she was doing.

Same-same for the father. I didn't know any male Marines at that time that tried to hide which WM they were boinking.

I'm sure that you've done the usual stuff and checked for place of birth and birth certificate, etc.

Back in those days, Women Marines were totally segregated. They had their own barracks separate from men. Doors were supposed to be kept locked from outside entry. WMs were almost all 01XX or similar paper-pushing MOSs then and they worked in non-deployable headquarters units. Base HQ, Base PMO admin, etc.

I think they would be assigned to whatever the HQ unit was, but fell in with the work sections for routine formations, as a separate platoon for more formal occasions.

Sorry guys, if she is who she is my memory is pretty sacred. I was trusted with the emotional state of a pregnant teenager, in a place where I partied hard to hold my emotional state together. And I'd be thrilled to talk to mom, if ever and when.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Back in those days, Women Marines were totally segregated. They had their own barracks separate from men. Doors were supposed to be kept locked from outside entry. WMs were almost all 01XX or similar paper-pushing MOSs then and they worked in non-deployable headquarters units. Base HQ, Base PMO admin, etc.

I think they would be assigned to whatever the HQ unit was, but fell in with the work sections for routine formations, as a separate platoon for more formal occasions.

Zulu is right Graymutt, WM's were segregated in the Stumps. I was stationed there from May to Aug 1979 - went thru Comm Center School (CC-19), but worked in Co. A Sick Call before my class picked up.

I don't remember the WM in the picture, but there are two WM's and one male Marine that I remain in contact with who served with me in the Stumps. I'll see if they can remember anything. I'll do whatever I can to help. Good luck in your search.

Semper Fi,

Thread Information