Amplification To The Marine Corps Tattoo Policy - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Right above that you will read,
    Maybe there will be another order coming out allowing male Marines to wear skirts. Lucky you got out.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    That's well and good but the order doesn't designate anyone as "tattoo keeper" to let everyone know who they need to see. All they really say is "commands will insert pictures with size and location into SRB". Am I supposed to walk into the COs office and start snapping pics?

I guess they'll have to amend that order before June 2010 to better explain what needs to be done.

Go see your training office, they usually handle this. Have a little common sense. :-P This is the exact same process that happend back in the spring of 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson07 View Post
    Go see your training office, they usually handle this. Have a little common sense. :-P .
    Ha, you'd have to understand the unit I'm at.

This is the exact same process that happend back in the spring of 2007
    Spring of 07 this tattoo mess didn't concern me cause I was still within regs. Now with the "no wrist tats" crap I gotta do paperwork.

I wonder if this will prevent me from coming back into the reserves. I have a full sleeve.

boots,,,,

learn to play the game and you advance in rank ,,follow maradmins, and do what you are told and this is the greatest gig in the world,,,,,, cry about rights and you prob will be out after your first term,,,,,, do i have my opionons about the tattoo policy yes,---but i wont tell you them because I was not asked by the CO or 1st Sgt.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWARDROARK3043 View Post
    boots,,,,

learn to play the game and you advance in rank ,,follow maradmins, and do what you are told and this is the greatest gig in the world,,,,,, cry about rights and you prob will be out after your first term,,,,,, do i have my opionons about the tattoo policy yes,---but i wont tell you them because I was not asked by the CO or 1st Sgt.
    ...if we're not going to express opinions on this forum, it's going to get really quiet.

As for my opinion, tattoos made up part of the image of a Marine when I was younger. It is part of what made me want to be a Marine.

The "it'll be hard to get civilian jobs" argument is ridiculous. As is the "more visible in combat" one.

People were hoping this commandant would rescind the former's tattoo policy, but it looks like we'll have to keep waiting for a more reasonable one.

Full disclosure: I've got no ink.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    That's well and good but the order doesn't designate anyone as "tattoo keeper" to let everyone know who they need to see. All they really say is "commands will insert pictures with size and location into SRB". Am I supposed to walk into the COs office and start snapping pics?

I guess they'll have to amend that order before June 2010 to better explain what needs to be done.
    They don't have to amend it, this is the exact same process everyone went through in 2006/2007. The only change now is they added more restrictions.

I think it's a pretty rediculous ordeal overall and just to make a point I went ahead a got another tattoo that covered a large portion of my bicep and shoulder area in 2007 right after the order went in. I never got any pics done on my stuff and never really gave a **** cause everyone else around me had twice as much ink.

****s weak

boots,,,,

This isn't the Company Office, its an internet forum, to debate topics such as this one.

boots,,,,

Your profile says you joined in 2007. Who are you calling a boot?

This.

We, Marines, have been known to the world as the most feared force to assault land you own by land sea and air. If WE are still upholding that ethos, then why is it when I get Ink it may damage the Corps reputation. You know who looks at my reputation in the field, the one at the wrong end of my sights. I dont think they will care if I'm tattooed, they will only be worried about how well I shoot, however even that won't last too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    They don't have to amend it, this is the exact same process everyone went through in 2006/2007. The only change now is they added more restrictions.

I think it's a pretty rediculous ordeal overall and just to make a point I went ahead a got another tattoo that covered a large portion of my bicep and shoulder area in 2007 right after the order went in. I never got any pics done on my stuff and never really gave a **** cause everyone else around me had twice as much ink.

****s weak
    That will work for someone not wanting to reup but anyone planning on reenlisting is going to have to get a tattoo waiver anyway.

Smile

Can't really believe anything written in that guy's profile.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When we pulled into singapore there was a standing order to not get any tatoos there. A Marine in my unit defyed that order and went and got a big pair of marylyn monroe lips tatooed on this stomach. Couple weeks later he asked me if his eyes looked yellow. He had gotten hepatitus and his liver was already shutting down. If he had followed orders he would probably still be alive today.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We might end up wantin' to move this into the Hooch? Maybe?

What exactly did any of you think you were signing up for? Be serious. I have tattoos myself but got them later in life (I wanted my butt to get as wide as it was ever gonna get before I slapped that Ordnance stamp on it and copyrighted it).

When I signed that contract, I understood I didn't much have a choice in things. Didn't matter what I thought, nobody asked, nobody cared. It was only going to be 6 years (4/2)! I was more than ready to take advantage of the opportunities that were open to me IF I could follow a few simple rules and do what the hell I was told to do, when I was told to do it, and who I was told to do it with for 6 YEARS. Bottom line.

I laugh at all the Poolees that come in wanting Infantry - it just tickles me silly. I love Grunts, don't get me wrong, but it's a dirty job! Who wants to play like that for at least what, 6 ? active now or 4/4? Infantry must really suck in peacetime too and ain't nothing but time on somebody's hands that has the rank and the sleepless time thinking about what or how to pi$$ you off just because he can.

It sounds like some of you had preconceived notions of what you were getting into and are just trying to ride it out.

Thread Information