Corpsman in Denial!?!? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Purple Heart.

I have all the respect in the world for our Docs. I've seen them do some amazing things. One of them walked into a mine field, to carry save a little girl, whose mother had wandered into it. We thought She was dead, but when the Corpsman got to them, he found she was seriously wounded. Our battalion Gunny, followed the Docs tracks in, and He and the Doc, carried the woman, and the child, to safety. They didn't get any medals for that. They said, it was part of their jobs. Another Corpsman, took a facefull of Shrapnel, while he was trying to bind up the stump of a Marines leg. He was knocked over on his back, but he rolled back up on his knees, and continued working on that Marines leg. Another Corpsman, moved up behind that Doc, and was bandaging his face, while he continued doing his job. The Marine, who was from upstate NY, and a friend of mine, Died on the way back to our lines. The Corpsman, received the Purple heart for his wounds, and the Silver Star, for his actions, in trying to save that Marine. After they gave him his Medals, a bunch of us were kidding him about them. He shook his head, and acted embarassed. He said, "WTF! I was just doing my job." S/F!!!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool I Saw Men Do Heroic Chit Everyday Did Not Get Chit

UNCOMMON VALOR WAS A COMMON VIRTUE

The Pilot

Well, a lot has been said about how the Pilot came in and saved me. Well, the pilot did get the Bird there, and Land it. But he did not get the wounded on board, get out of his seat come back, and save the wounded's life. That was the CrewChief, and Gunner that did the saving. We had Pilots that had the Guts to Fly through hells air space to get there, but if the Bird didn't have a Corpsman that day, it was the CrewChief, and the Gunner in the back that did the saving. Just thought I'd put that straight. Its just like the only Bird over there was the huey too. Well, the 46 was there as well, and it carried twice the load the huey did. I haulled 21 on inserts, and extractions before. But the huey saved everyone, and won the war all by itself. Semper Fi, and Ready-APP.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Bird that Rescued Me was a "34" never Saw a USMC HUEY Myself

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I have all the respect in the world for our Docs. I've seen them do some amazing things. One of them walked into a mine field, to carry save a little girl, whose mother had wandered into it. We thought She was dead, but when the Corpsman got to them, he found she was seriously wounded. Our battalion Gunny, followed the Docs tracks in, and He and the Doc, carried the woman, and the child, to safety. They didn't get any medals for that. They said, it was part of their jobs. Another Corpsman, took a facefull of Shrapnel, while he was trying to bind up the stump of a Marines leg. He was knocked over on his back, but he rolled back up on his knees, and continued working on that Marines leg. Another Corpsman, moved up behind that Doc, and was bandaging his face, while he continued doing his job. The Marine, who was from upstate NY, and a friend of mine, Died on the way back to our lines. The Corpsman, received the Purple heart for his wounds, and the Silver Star, for his actions, in trying to save that Marine. After they gave him his Medals, a bunch of us were kidding him about them. He shook his head, and acted embarassed. He said, "WTF! I was just doing my job." S/F!!!! Ken
    This Corpsman That got the Silver Star and Purple Heart-He wasn't A Surfer-from California was He?; that was kinda against the war.This would be in 3/3 or 2/6-Companies.

If you could say his name-I could tell by that.......Thankyou

No Offence taken Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    THANKS BUDDY. Should have NEVER have posted that if it offended anyone.
    Doc to you Brother "Fair Winds and Following Seas" always and "Semper Fi"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gotta Love them DevilDocs actually liked one so much that during Typhoon Bess I gave Doc Tex...my Rubber Lady so He could Float around our Trench line in 8" of water so He did not have too stand up and get His Head blown Off...Still Love the Ole Doc He was KIA on Dec.4 '68,He was one Proud and very Brave Man...Heres too You Doc T... S/F Gung Ho Mutha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc Ozzy More.....bronks NY....Doc Dennis Anderson..Minasota....yuppers remember their names....and home towns.....get to know your Corpsman....your life may depend on it

Loong Time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    If you could say his name-I could tell by that.......Thankyou
    I;m sorry Doc W, but I can't remember that Docs name. I was with the 'Easy C.' but I was a battalion Radioman, not Company. The CO of 'Easy', asked for me,to go with him that day. I was assigned to H&S Co, but went on patrols with any one of the Companies that needed a fully trained radioman. My boss didn't like it much when I went on squad patrols. Platoon or Company patrols were OK, but he said squad patrols were to risky, and he hated training a man, just so he could go out and get a dose of lead up his keester. My Battalion was 2nd Batt/5th Marines, and I got top know a lot of Docs. I had one of you guys walking right in front of me, or right behind me, on just about every Patrol, or Battalion relocation. we made. It was a comfort. S/F!!! Ken

Thread Information