I'm joining. - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm joining.

Yep, here I am writing this at Starbucks working on my diabetes prevention plan. This is no shiit either.

Cheers to caffeine. Bottoms up

Coffee Reduces Diabetes Risk

How Daily Coffee May Reduce Diabetes

By Mark Stibich, Ph.D., About.com Guide
    Updated: March 19, 2009
    About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board

Coffee Cup and Coffee Beans

Photo: Dimitri Vervitsiotis / Getty Images

Wouldn't it be wonderful if drinking coffee could prevent diabetes? We could add coffee to dark chocolate and red wine on the list of foods that were once thought of as "vices" and are now "health foods." As more and more research comes out about the health benefits of coffee, it looks like coffee may be just what the doctor ordered for lowering your diabetes risk and improving your long-term health.

Coffee Reduces Diabetes Risk

When it comes to doing studies, coffee is a great thing to look at. People are so routine and predictable in the number of cups of coffee they have every day, it makes a pretty reliable survey questions. Researchers asked 126,000 people about their coffee drinking habits as part of a larger survey over the course of 18 years. What they found is fantastic: People who drink 1 to 3 cups of coffee have a decrease in their diabetes risk. But it gets better for people who drink lots of coffee (6 or more cups a day).

These people had a 54% reduction in diabetes risk (for men) and a 30% reduction in diabetes risk for women. Another study showed even bettter results (though with less than 1000 people). In that study, current (or past) coffee drinkers had a 60% reduction of diabetes risk compared to people who never drank coffee.

Read more: http://longevity.about.com/od/diabet...e_diabetes.htm

Mmmmm, health food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailorie View Post
    you should coach me. lol
    Stay away from everything white, including pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailorie
    you should coach me. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Stay away from everything white, including pussy.
    Tailorie is a female......

I have to cut back on it cause I know it won't be in bootcamp. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Tailorie is a female......
    My bad.

I know it won't be in bootcamp
    Is that confirmed? As i recall, coffee was everywhere including the recruit chowhalls and with field rations. The "Juice Private" was in charge of keeping the pots brewing on mess duty.

All I remember from when I was in boot camp 22 years ago was no coffee, just milk....white or chocolate, a fruit punch drink, and water. Those were your choices we had at 4th BN.

Yes it's confirmed that imma female.. ;D lol but I hope there's coffee if not I'll live.

Sounds like you will not live then. No coffee at boot.

Losing weight is quite simple. Calories in...Calories burned. A female your age should be taking in no more than 1600-1800 calories (may be a little lower) In order to lose weight you need to identify how you got overweight and only you can answer that.

Sodas, Beer, most fruit juices...OUT
    Twinkies, chips, pretzels, pizza, hamburgers (Most general crap)...OUT.
    Large meals? Skipping meals...OUT...you need to eat something about every 2-3 hours. Something HEALTHY. NEVER skip meals thinking your doing yourself a favor...your actually damaging your chances for weight loss.

Your target should be to lose no more than 1-2lbs a WEEK. Why is that...it allows your metabolism to adjust to the weight loss. If you lose too much weight too fast, your body will adjust and start to store more fat from the food you eat. Commonly known as "Starvation mode".

You should be running, walking or something at least 4 times a week.

I said I will live.. I'm gonna be a Marine. There's no doubt in me about that. I just gotta stay moto

I said I will live.. I'm gonna be a Marine. There's no doubt in me about that. I just gotta stay moto
    Maybe some pics that I took of 4th BN when I went back to Parris Island in August might help motivate you........
    Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=92068&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Maybe some pics that I took of 4th BN when I went back to Parris Island in August might help motivate you........
    Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=92068&page=4
    THEY BEEN POSTED>>>AND YOU FOR SURE THAT I DON"T TOLERATE DOUBLE POSTING

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter View Post
    THEY BEEN POSTED>>>AND YOU FOR SURE THAT I DON"T TOLERATE DOUBLE POSTING
    I know that double posting isn't allowed, that's why I posted the thread and the link to where the pics can be found.

Thread Information