Hey!!!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey!!!!!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Hey!!!!!

hi i have something on my mind and want to see what u MARINES think when i call my recr for short. i get very nervous and sometimes have hard time saying things and want to know if some of you were like this thanks for your time

I think he is saying he shortens "recruitor" to "rec" and whats to know if this is wrong.

Yes, it's wrong to call your recruiter rec for short. If you want to be a Marine, start learning how to address Marines properly.....by rank and name.
    Not being a smart a$$ here or nitpicky, but try using some proper sentence structure, like some capitalization at the beginning of sentences.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes it is wrong. It is also wrong to start sentences with a lower-case letter, and is likewise wrong to not capitalize the personal pronoun "I." It is also wrong to abbreviate the second-person pronoun "you" with the single letter "u."

It is also disrespectful to address Marines as "Hey!!" when you yourself are not a Marine of a rank senior to those addressed. Even then it can be considered impolite.

Here endeth the lesson.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    What it be like ....what can we do for ya?

i get very nervous and sometimes have hard time saying things and want to know if some of you were like this thanks for your time
    If you talk to a recruiter like you are asking this question I can definitely see where you are coming from.

Take a breath.....relax....push...then start over again....until you get it right.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im sorry i was in a rush.I am very sorry and wont do it again i will say it again.When you 1 talk to your recruitor did you get nervous or was it just me becaues when i talk to him i get nervous

Why be nervous? their not going to bite. Grow a pair.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can understand nervous. As a kid, I could barely buy something 'cause I had to face a cashier. It's tough. But you know? Even Abraham Lincoln had to wipe just like you.
    Only you can pull yourself outta that.
    I really grew when I sat on an open 4 holer with a full bird. We pulled our drawers up the same way.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You are 15 years old...you still have a few years before you can even go to a recruiter and then at 17 you will need parent/guardian signature to join.

Even though you may consider yourself to be grown up you still have a few years to go....so your maturity level is still that of a teenager.....that may be one of the reasons why you are nervous...however,

A Marine Corps recruiter is no different than speaking to a teacher,guidance counselor,coach or another adult that you know......they are Marines....but they ain't the Big Bad Wolf...and you ain't Godilocks...so you should shouldn't have any problem.

Fear is alright....everybody has it....it's what you do positive with the fear that counts.

When you are able to join....do your research from this site and the search bars and come up with a list of questions to ask while you are sitting in the office.

In the meantime PT and read the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine Forum....there is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    I can understand nervous. As a kid, I could barely buy something 'cause I had to face a cashier. It's tough. But you know? Even Abraham Lincoln had to wipe just like you.
    Only you can pull yourself outta that.
    I really grew when I sat on an open 4 holer with a full bird. We pulled our drawers up the same way.

Come on, Sparkie. You're still so shy you can hardly ever express an opinion here.

NOT!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post

In the meantime PT and read the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine Forum....there is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

Even English lessons.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Come on, Sparkie. You're still so shy you can hardly ever express an opinion here.

NOT!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,,,, Yea,,,,, I'm a shy SOB,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,,,, Yea,,,,, I'm a shy SOB,,,,,,,
    Sparkie shy.......LOL!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Sparkie shy.......LOL!
    Talk to you later, WM,,,,,,,,,,,

Thread Information