support
Create Post

Thread: support

support

any good ideas on how i can get some support in my town,for the corps,no one seems interested.my son is stationed at camp lejeune,and im sooo proud of him.i want to find a way to do something!!! no one seems to care at all! any ideas.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Was there support in the town before your son became a Marine?

What I am meaning is did they have any Veteran day memorials or a parade of any sort to honor the veterans of all generations?

Do you have a VFW,American Legion,Disabled Veterans,Marine Corps League or any other organizations in your town?

If so you can start there and see what type of activities they have planned to support active duty and veteran servicemen and women.

Is Marion a patriotic town?

With the National ensign flying from homes and majority of business's?

Sorta like a Main Street USA atmosphere?

Is the historically anti-military or do they have allot of other native sons and daughters in harms way or in the milatary branches.

If so maybe you hook up with other parents and start a rally at the town common.

Some people just don't care anymore...unless you put it in their own backyard...and then it really doesn't matter....look at the show of patriotic support after 911 and look at it now.

You may be able to go to your county,city and civic leaders and make your cause known.

With all the Marines running around NC, it's tough to imagine lack of support. Why not just start small, say at your church or neighborhood. Send care packages to the Marines in Afghanistan. If you don't know names, pm me and I'll guide you on how to find them. Your son could supply you with names as well.

Based on my experience in my town, the church was the place to start. Good luck.

Semper Fi, Mom!!

Melissa,

Are you referring to family support groups (once known as Wives' Clubs) for the individual units?

If that's what you're looking for, I'm new to the Marine Corps community myself so I'm not sure what they would call them.

If that is what you were referring to, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by posting a couple of links below:

http://www.marineparents.com/
    http://tinyurl.com/y8wnx68 - Page on Military Support Groups and Centers

I hope that's of some help.

Dawn

Last edited by PMSQueen; 01-18-10 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Bad URL

We have a family support group in our area and I found out about it from my sons recruiters. Ask your sons recruiter, or any Marine recruiter in your area, if they know of a local support group. If not, see if they will help you start one. Contact with Marine parents helped me to feel a lot more comfortable with my sons decision to join so it would help the recruiters as well.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I looked up everything I could in Marion and found a VFW.
    Might be worth a try Melissa.

Good Luck.
    Semper Fi Matt and Mom,

Rocky

Thread Information