Questions about entering Military Bases
Create Post
    Convulsive
    Guest Free Member

Questions about entering Military Bases

We never got briefed in boot about this but I live right next to an Air Force base and my parents wanted to buy me an Ipod for a grad present. I wanted to go on base to get it because I was told it would be cheaper. Would I be allowed on base? and would I be able to take my father with me?

Credits
    Savings
    Yes and Yes

Yes, just need your ID card and your on. Be aware that things sold on base isn't always cheaper, it's just tax free.

Quote Originally Posted by Convulsive View Post
    We never got briefed in boot about this but I live right next to an Air Force base and my parents wanted to buy me an Ipod for a grad present. I wanted to go on base to get it because I was told it would be cheaper. Would I be allowed on base? and would I be able to take my father with me?
    You should have no problem getting on to that base, Semper Fidelis.

Also if you get base stickers for your POV they are good at ANY DoD base. If you ride with your parents you'll need to get them a POV pass at the gate so they can drive on the base.

SOME PX/BX's will ID people at the counters before accepting purchases on some items. It's likely that they will not let them purchase something without a DoD ID card.

Credits
    Savings
    what I have seen while delivering the exchanges is when some one comes in and happen to be I.D'd, as long as a person with a valid military I.D is with them at the time of the purchase all is good. I have heard it referred to as sponsoring, as they will ask are you sponsoring him or who is sponsoring you?

Yes that is true, although I've had some instances where the lady at the counter made me pay and said the other person (my mother) could not.

I looked at where you live and the NEX will be your closest place to buy things but they don't have that large of a Marine uniform selection. They do have electronics out the ass though. The NEX is right by Orlando Airport off of 528 and Tradeport drive.

they should have a place by the gate to register your car for a pass you will need your ID and or DL for everyone in the car your proof of ins. and registration for the car. I use to be a gate guard on Ft Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    I looked at where you live and the NEX will be your closest place to buy things but they don't have that large of a Marine uniform selection. They do have electronics out the ass though. The NEX is right by Orlando Airport off of 528 and Tradeport drive.

That place blows for uniform items. I used to live in polk county not far up the road.

And the AFB that you are trying to get on should have no problems at all. The one I'm at doesn't even issue DoD decals anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NCOPOWER View Post
    That place blows for uniform items. I used to live in polk county not far up the road.

And the AFB that you are trying to get on should have no problems at all. The one I'm at doesn't even issue DoD decals anymore.
    It does suck for uniforms, everything is double the price and the selection sucks.

We don't find the BX/Px to be greatly discounted, however we save a lot when shopping at the Commissary, Dover AFB or USNA.

Thread Information