New Marine - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Marine

Congratulations and welcome aboard Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by Knudsen View Post
    Congrats Marine .. My biggest concern is how long you get to take a S***, always been a big fan of sitting back and enjoying mine ..
    Haha, I know what you mean. After lights out I always found my peace and tranquility on the cool porcelain.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations Marine and thanks for giving these devil pups some real time insight into what lays ahead for them. Enjoy your leave more fun is just around the bend for you.

Semper Fi

Jim

I have a question, my friend who got out of boot camp not too long ago said that many people he knew had their contracts changed to a different mos at boot camp(mostly the infantry guys). Did you see any of this happen while you were there? And was it hard for you to stay awake during classes and such? Oh and congrats Marine

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Marine!

Hey agx who are you this is PVT Heck! I just saw your post and thought it was funny cause we were in the same Platoon!

Haha Whats good HEck this is Smith ...SCUZZBRUSH..nice name your brother was going crazy with the camera at grad practise i know he got some good shots

Ah, good to see you made it too. I graduated with 3000, good times, haha, especially that night we came over on your deck and have the knowledge shouting competition and the metaphors for teaching us Cooper's color code and Combat Hunter, haha!

Maybe I'll see you next week at Geiger. Congrats to you!

yes that was fun..i miss alot of those moments already

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Congrats bro

I'm a lil nervous, but I'm ready. I cant wait to discover my strengths mentally n physically. I'm going in as a grunt 0311. I will be gladly to take anymore advice u can give. I will do whatever it takes to be the best I can be. I ship 5 April. Wish me luck. Thanks, Robert

Quote Originally Posted by RobBigTex View Post
    I'm a lil nervous, but I'm ready. I cant wait to discover my strengths mentally n physically. I'm going in as a grunt 0311. I will be gladly to take anymore advice u can give. I will do whatever it takes to be the best I can be. I ship 5 April. Wish me luck. Thanks, Robert
    The hardest part is actually going. You hear so many people say how hard or how easy it is and you have certain expectations... Avoid that as much as possible. Have an open mind and just do what the DI's tell you and listen and learn everything they teach. There truly is a method to the madness of everything they do. Most of it won't make sense, and you won't notice a lot of the changes in yourself as they happen, but once you no longer have them telling when and how to do everything all the time, if you allowed boot camp to do what it is intended to do, you'll begin to notice you do things instinctively the Marine way and take pride in it. One thing you will learn, once you're a Marine, what you do and how you do it no longer reflects just you, it reflects all Marines. It sounds like you have the right attitude, and that's the best tool you can have. Never say die and always keep pushing. When times get rough, just put little goals in front of you. The little things will mold together to reach the bigger things.
    Until then, just get your 3 MILE run time as low as you can, pullups and crunches as high as you can. I know minimum IST is 1.5 mile in 13:30, 3 pullups, and 50 crunches or something like that... A perfect PFT score is 3 miles in under 18 minutes, 20 pullups and 100 crunches. Aim to make that YOUR minimum standard, so when you ship, you'll already be a step ahead of the guys who didn't do anything until 3 days before they shipped and falling out after a quarter mile.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I just graduated Friday with Alpha Company and picked up a few people from Mike Company. Any of you guys know a kid named Boyer? He was dropped to my platoon during BWT. Talk about a mess-up haha

Congrats,oooorah Mike Company!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhYs0sErIoUs View Post
    I just graduated Friday with Alpha Company and picked up a few people from Mike Company. Any of you guys know a kid named Boyer? He was dropped to my platoon during BWT. Talk about a mess-up haha
    I remember the name but he wasn't my platoon.
    Did yall have a McDaniels, a drop from M Co?

Thread Information