Question
Create Post

Thread: Question

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question

Ok im a 15 yr old and i want to enlist when i turn 17 but i also want to be a scout sniper what do you think i would need to do to get in shape for scout sniper school?

Quote Originally Posted by Cj C View Post
    Ok im a 15 yr old and i want to enlist when i turn 17 but i also want to be a scout sniper what do you think i would need to do to get in shape for scout sniper school?
    first fill out your profile, second talk to your parents and a recruiter. third take PE classes and PT on your own to get in shape!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    first fill out your profile, second talk to your parents and a recruiter. third take PE classes and PT on your own to get in shape!
    Ok i get the PT but what do you think i should do in the PT?

Ok i get the PT but what do you think i should do in the PT?
    little bit of everything cause your going to need to do the PFT/CFT while in service so it would be good if you start training your body out now with the basics; 3 mile run, Pull-ups, and crunches! Once you hit boot camp and you got that down you'll be smoking the other recruits who haven't had the basics down! as for becoming a scout sniper use the search tool!

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/marin...rinesniper.htm

While it's nice to set some goals for yourself on what you want to do when and if you become a Marine, in my opinion, why don't you concetrate on school. When you turn 17, you're going to need parental consent to join, 18 without parental consent. I believe right now, a recruiter won't even talk with you because you are to young yet. You can request info at your age, though.

I would still talk with the recruiter. See if he has regular PT for the poolees and ask if you can join in. He can give you pointers. Make it your goal to score a 300 PFT before you go to boot camp. You will be way ahead of the pack if you do. Two words: UPPER BODY. Work on it, if you have great upper body strength, that will help you in boot camp and the fleet. As for a 300 PFT, push yourself to get there. If you are almost there by boot camp you will get the rest of the way in boot camp. More importantly, dont slack on your grades and make sure to have fun as a teenager.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    I would still talk with the recruiter. See if he has regular PT for the poolees and ask if you can join in. He can give you pointers. Make it your goal to score a 300 PFT before you go to boot camp. You will be way ahead of the pack if you do. Two words: UPPER BODY. Work on it, if you have great upper body strength, that will help you in boot camp and the fleet. As for a 300 PFT, push yourself to get there. If you are almost there by boot camp you will get the rest of the way in boot camp. More importantly, dont slack on your grades and make sure to have fun as a teenager.
    i have fun as much as possible lol

Thanks TunTavern....I forgot to add that.
    Use these next 2 years to get yourself into great physical and mental shape. Boot camp just isn't about being physical, it's also mentally challanging too.
    And make sure you keep those grades up! That's important, also.

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    Good, how about the grades?
    Great Point! keep them grade up and study ASVAB questions and take pre tests for it! right now your already a recruiters dream, but you need to follow your dream of becoming a Marine by doing everything it takes to get you to the highest level possible by, PT, school studies, healthy diet, Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) keeping out of trouble and doing the right thing when nobody is looking!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    Great Point! keep them grade up and study ASVAB questions and take pre tests for it! right now your already a recruiters dream, but you need to follow your dream of becoming a Marine by doing everything it takes to get you to the highest level possible by, PT, school studies, healthy diet, Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) keeping out of trouble and doing the right thing when nobody is looking!
    out of my 4 classes so far ive got 3 A's and 1 D because my math teacher is a retard

out of my 4 classes so far ive got 3 A's and 1 D because my math teacher is a retard
    LMAO i was the same way in high school. got all A's in everything but English. that class all 4 years i got Ds.

Start running a lot now. Enlist into Infantry and maybe you'll be able to try out for the Indoc lol

Thread Information