PDQ - tracheostomy
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

PDQ - tracheostomy

I posted previously, about my disqualification. On an updated note it turned out that the recruiters came back to me and said that they couldnt do anything, and said that they couldnt ask MEPS about the issue with my tracheostomy.

Is there anything which can over-turn a PDQ? If im getting perfect scores on the PFT and go to College? or is there anything else that can be done which will overturn this? The tracheostomy had no effect on me, as I just ran the Marine Corps Marathon back in October, any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

That's really a DQ worthy operation? I assume it's all healed up right? I had a Tracheostomy back in March and I know another Marine who had one fairly recently. I am suprised to hear that this is at least not waiverable.

I'd say keep on annoying them until they figure out a way to get you in.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well yeah, it was kind of a suprise to me as well, as it really didnt affect anything? On the paper that I got back from MEPS it said

"PDQ" - No waiver

My recruiter and I were under the assumption that it meant I wasnt able to get a waiver, do you have any ideas on what the next step would be? if there is one?

The tracheostomy is your only issue? You don't have any other medical condition that may have resulted in a disqualification?

The reason I ask is I'm surprised they would deny you enlistment for that. I would ask around to other Marine recruiters in the area if I were you, see if they can do anything to get you a waiver. If you can, try talking to the docs at MEPS. Good Luck.

Thread Information