I am Wanting to Become a Marine!!!
Create Post

Question I am Wanting to Become a Marine!!!

I am an Ensign, third year cadet in the NJROTC, inpsiring to become a Marine. Any and all advice is welcome. Especially from female Marines. I have no family in the armed services, have a few freinds, who are Marines, but currently at Twenty Nine Palm Springs. Would like to see who is here, I can talk to and go to for advice. I am able to sign my papers as early as 2010 05 05. In dieing need to get into shape. I am 5'2, wieghing in at 197. Haven't really been active most of my life. Wants to work out, even willing to attend PT at the New Market Station, but want to be in some what shape before I go. Would like to know what I can do to shed at least fifty pounds before May. Anyone willing to talk and help I would really really apprciete it. Thank you.
    Thank You to ALL MARINES serving this great country.

DanieWishes,the first thing you should do, if you want your questions answered,is to fill out YOUR PROFILE

Thank you, just did that. Sorry..

Before you even talk to a recruiter, you're going to need to lose some weight.
    Use the search bar to look for some weight lose tips, and tips for getting into shape. There are plenty of them. Just don't go on a crash diet, they aren't good for you, and you'll eventually put the weight back on. Diet and exercise the right way!

This chart should be fairly accurate.
    Marine Corps Recruit Weight Chart
    Weight Chart Requirements for Entry into the USMC DEP - Female
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...cweightfem.htm

Why, Thanks, Ma'am, I have spoken with a recruiter, he is willing to help me in any way possible. It must be the brotherhood of the Corps. Thanks, again. Ma'am.

Obviously, the first thing you have to do is get within standards. DO NOT EVER THINK THIS IS OUT OF YOUR REACH! I had a Marine when I was stationed in Beaufort who weighed over 350lbs when he decided he wanted to be a Marine. He lost the weight, and was a great Marine (his weight when he was assigned to me was 165). If he can do it, you can do it. You do not have NEAR as much weight to loose as he did, and you have plenty of time. Just understand this will call for a big life change on your part. Become more active, and watch what you eat. Set goals, and achieve them. Do not get down when you miss a goal...just work twice as hard on the next goal. Above all, BELIEVE in yourself. I don't even know you, and I have no doubt you can do it if you put your mind to it.
    Good luck!

You're Welcome....and that's great that you already spoke with a recruiter and he is willing to work with you.
    It's not going to be easy to lose 50 lbs, but if you really want to be a Marine, then you got your work cut out for you.
    Get yourself on an exercise routine everyday and show your recruiter that you are serious about losing the weight and wanting to become a Marine.
    And firedog gave you some great advice!

You just need to get the motivation to lose the weight. Speak with a recuiter and express your intrest in the Marine Corps and he may be able to assist you with tips to lose it. Its entirely about motivation. Motivation motivation motivation. Drill that into your head. If your motivated you can accomplish anything.

Thanks to all. Please keep replying for more supporte. I really appreciete it. Means alot. Even through I do not know you Marines, and fellew wanne-bees. Would love to start talking to more Marines, maybe some in my area. That'd be great.

Danie, you got to want it with all of your heart. So when you feel like quiting, dont. Ask the recruiter if he has an exercise program for poolees. If he does, get involved in it. Cut out sodas, tea, etc... Drink water and juice. Go for a 15 to 30 minute walk after eating. Work your way up to jogging, start with the crunches now. Work on upper body now as well. With the weight you are carrying, the arm hang may not be logical for you now, that is why if you work on your upper body, when your weight falls into line the arm hang will fall into place. Get with a WM on the arm hang for pointers.

Thread Information