Three Generations
Create Post

Three Generations

Well, apparently my Father, Maj C.C. Simon, USMC (Ret)(Deceased), may have started something he may not have realized when he joined the Corps in 1956.....a Family Tradition. I joined the Corps in 1990 and am serving. My Nephew graduated last year and is curently a jet engine mech at MCAS Beaufort. Another Nephew graduates boot camp on 15 Jan and heads to Intel School after MCT. And word came down to me this weekend that another Nephew is heading to boot camp in Feb.

That makes one nephew from each of my three sisters to join the Corps! When my last nephew told his Mom that he was joining, she told him "Why don't you join the Air Force where you can have a desk job?" (Seriously...she said that!) He looked her in the eye and said. quite truthfully. "Join the Air Force in this family?!?!! Are you crazy?!?!"

I am so proud of all of them. One thing though....I wish they would have all joined at the same time...it is costing me a small fortune flying to San Diego from Norfolk to attend their graduations!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Semper Fi, Sir..... my family has had its spurts in Marine Corps Family Tradition. I doubt my two little brothers will join the Marine Corps but im sure that one or two of their future children will Step up and keep our tradition going. I am the first out of my Mothers children to join, but her two great uncles were Marine Pilots during WWII and Korea and Vietnam. so hopefully i can keep this tradition going. i would be proud for my future children to join but it is purely their choice not mine.

It's a outstanding tradition Sir, Semper Fidelis.

5 generations of history

I am a fifth generation Marine. My wife is not a Marine but she has three generations in her family starting with her Great-grand-father. I have my Great-Grand-Fathers discharge in a frame in my reloading room all hand drawn and written in 1894. I remember my Grand- father telling my Father about the old Corps.Believe me they knew.I never new my Great-Grand-Father he died before I was Born. Know I have two boys and am trying to convince them to go in as Officers after a college education! Semper Fi.

My Father and his two brothers were Marines. Out of the three, one was discharged OTH for drugs. My family has members in both the Marines and Army throughout the generations. I'm currently the only one in this generation to me in the service though. I've had two Grandfathers (1 Marine Corporal, 1 Army Captain) during Vietnam. BTW the one that was a Captain earned a Silver Star with Combat V for saving seven Marines lives during an enemy mortar attack. My Mom's brother was an Army Sgt in the Gulf War. I also had family in the German Warmacht in WWI+WWII. Hopefully if I have kids they will continue the tradition.

Sir I have 2 sons in the MARINES now they have followed myself & both of thier grandfathers as MARINES I only hope that my 2 grandsons keep it going on. I wish I was still in 7 years was to short. But in away I still am. SSGT. Francisco.

Thread Information